MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Vendinguy
Knows what a fatty is.

Red face Big Thanks!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Moon of SMOKE-N-MY-I'S BBQ and Charlie Welch of SCREAMIN NITE HOGS BBQ for the opportunity to cook with them this past summer. I really learned a lot from these 2 great guys and it brings me closer to going out on my own. Thanks again guys.

Frank

Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

You ready for next year????
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Pole D
is one Smokin' Farker

Hi Frank,

Were you with Bill at the Peak City Pig Fest in Apex? That event was our (Dancing Moose BBQ) first event and we were setup across from Bill. We didn't really know what the hell we were doing but Bill was gracious enough to come over every now and then and talk to us. Really a nice guy.

Thanks Bill. Your time and advice was very much appreciated.

George
Pole D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

George,

Yes, Frank was with me....

And thanks for the comments... you are quiet welcome for the help. Glad I could help. That is paying it forward. I had some help while I was learning, and I was just helping out.... when you get the chance, I am sure, you will probably do the same thing. That is what it is all about.

You gonna be there next year? It is already on the KCBS website, and I am thinking probably like last year, the apps will be ready right after the first of the year. Keeping my eyes open.....
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Pole D
is one Smokin' Farker

Yep, I'll be there. Just saw their post on facebook that apps will be ready after Jan 1.
Pole D is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->