Judging Class Anoka MN April 3rd 2010

pahutchens

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone going to this class? I just signed up with my oldest daughter. Looking forward to experience and maybe meeting with some fellow Brethren and Sistren :-D

I am from Moorhead and looking for a class.....was looking at Huron, SD 3/13, but would rather got to Anoka. Where can I find the Info?

Go to the KCBS website and check under the upcoming judging classes. Find Anoka in April. It will give you a website to go to. You can register from there.

FYI - there will also be a judges class again in Marshall in September.

Thanks for the info.....do you have any info on the Minnesota BBQ society?

What goes on at one of these classes. I know reading a bit on the KCBS page each one is a bit different, what will a person get out of the class?

Thanks
Mark

What you get out of the class is 1) your judging certification, 2) a yearly membership in KCBS (if not already a member), and 3) good eats for a day! Mike Lake is teaching Anoka and Huron and I think ours in Marshall as well. I've taken his class. Very well done. He does an excellent job of explaining the rules involved in judging bbq. All the judges classes should be very similar although each instructor has their own way of presenting. Cooking classes wil be all over the board.

Did I read somewhere that if you've already taken the class and are a good standing member that you can retake the class at no cost?

Ahh... Fertile, MN...they used to have some good wrestling teams from up there in the 80's. Fertile-Beltrami if I remember correctly. I grew up in Worthington, way down in the SW corner.

We're hoping to participate in the SMSU Smokefest later this year. My parents have a cabin on Lake Sarah just south of Marshall. We're going to make the 830-mile trek with the trailer. :grin:

Hope to meet some of you Minnesotans then!

Kevin

Fertile MN

I used to wrestle for Fertile but that was back in 90's I know alot of the guys from the 80s. They had alot of great teams.

Signed up last week after reading pahutchens other thread about mentoring.
I grew up in Bemidji.
Talked a friend to come to the class too, can't wait!!
The cooking class to go to around here is Kickass BBQ's class in Maplewood, http://www.kickassbbq.com/
He's a Brethren also.

kickassbbq

I took Ed's class "kickassbbq.com" last spring. Great class lots of good info, great people, and plenty of food. The only bad thing I can say about the class was I saw Ed's Lang 84 and within a few months I ended buying one. My lang 84 is awesome.

I am from Moorhead and looking for a class.....was looking at Huron, SD 3/13, but would rather got to Anoka. Where can I find the Info?

Would you happen to have a link to the information here? I would be interested in seeing if one could still get signed up.

Thank you!

Ahh... Fertile, MN...they used to have some good wrestling teams from up there in the 80's. Fertile-Beltrami if I remember correctly. I grew up in Worthington, way down in the SW corner.

We're hoping to participate in the SMSU Smokefest later this year. My parents have a cabin on Lake Sarah just south of Marshall. We're going to make the 830-mile trek with the trailer. :grin:

Hope to meet some of you Minnesotans then!

Kevin

Hey Capn Kev - Love to have you come to Marshall for our contest. It's a great time. Then off to the lake for R&R before your trek home...nice! We lived in Worthington for a few years...late 80's to late 90's.

Class is this coming Saturday. From this it looks like here, three Brethren have signed up.
Any others? (The class is full, as I expect we will be also)

Wish I had a Brethren hat or bling

Class is this coming Saturday. From this it looks like here, three Brethren have signed up.
Any others? (The class is full, as I expect we will be also)

Wish I had a Brethren hat or bling

Looks like four of us, you, me, a friend of mine and markgerickson. Can't wait to be there to take the class and meet some other Brethren!! :cool:

Back