Big Easy vs Rotisserie

carpetbagger1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I know there are a number of fans out there for the big easy oil less fryer. It still seems wrong to me, but I'm thinking more and more about getting one. I've searched the various threads, and know it has its fans out there, particularly plowboy.

So here's the question. Turkeys aside, what about chicken. Would chicken in the big easy be comparable to chicken on the rotisserie? Just trying to justify another gadget. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I purchased one last year at Thanksgiving. I cooked a turkey with it. The turkey was very good. No complaints there. If I cook another turkey next month then it will be the second time that I have cooked with my BE.

It is very easy to use. I just keep forgetting that I have it.

I'm not sure what is "wrong" with using the Big Easy. It's just another way to cook meats. It would be wrong if you call it BBQ, but otherwise I think it's a good product.

In my book it's not comparable to a rotisserie. Normally, you're rotisserie is going to be over a live type fire and flavors are going to be different. Kind of an apples to orange kind of thing.

You can cook a variety of different meats. Check our Char-Broil and you'll find a forum that details many different ways to use the Big Easy.

The BE is something I once contemplated until I bought my WSM. I do have a Weber gasser with a rotisserie and one thing is the meat bastes in it's own juices as it rotates.

The BE looks like a great product. No mess of oil, no grease fires and no allergic reactions to the peanut oil as my daughter is allergic to peanuts. I will be looking into one of these. This forum has a wealth of info. I have a question is there any way to impart a smoke flavor into the birds with the BE? What else has anyone done in it?

For those who might be interested in using a Big Easy, but don't want to buy one, keep an eye on my blog. Sometime this week I will be announcing a Thanksgiving Turkey Contest sponsored by Char-Broil. The prize will be a Big Easy.

Details to follow...

Back