• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anyone have a recipe for Brisket Soup?

I am thinking a beef type soup, just use the brisket meat.
Brisket chili is awesome like Groundhog66 said.

!!!WARNING!!!

Shane's advice includes digging holes in your back yard.

:twisted:
I knew you and Larry were in cahoots.

I haven't done a chili in a while, but if you use a chili mix simply substitute the hamburger for diced brisket.

As far as the sammiches go,
Toasted hoagie buns. Brisket, onion and bell pepper in EVOO. Then topped with fresh Swiss cheese.

P3140107.jpg

P3140116.jpg

Just wing it - throw some mined onion in a pot with butter, when clear add some carrots and potatoes, then put in the meat, pour over enough beef stock to cover (maybe a box or two) and throw in a can of corn to boot.... Season with Salt and Pepper and a bit of thyme and I bet that would rock - I do that except I use left over pulled pork....

Try this one, you'll like it!

Brisket Soup
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (split)
2 pounds leftover smoked brisket cut into ¾” cubes
1/2 cup dry red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
1 onion diced
4 quarts cold water
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons dried parsley
8 beef bouillon cubes
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon celery salt
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
1 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup uncooked bowtie macaroni

Brown the brisket cubes (about a half pound at a time) in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on medium heat in a large stockpot. As it's done, remove the brisket to a plate and cover to keep warm. Deglaze the pot with the wine. When the wine is almost completely evaporated, add another tablespoon of oil and the onion and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes) Return the brisket to the pot and add the water, tomatoes, dried parsley, beef bouillon, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce and Gravy Master. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the vegetables, beans and macaroni and return the soup to a boil, stirring to distribute the ingredients. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve. :thumb:

I use brisket, not dry brisket mind you, I never have that laying about, in Brunswick Stew. I think it is an excellent use for it. I just make a soup base, add some taters, carrots, peas and then some bbq sauce. This forms the base that cooked meat goes into. It is a basic recipe, there are better on the forum. Like this one from Saiko

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69430&highlight=brunswick+stew

Brisket chili is the absolute bomb. Below is mine.

Chilli
4 lbs shredded brisket
1 lb ground beef (or use ground sausage)
1.5 large white onion chopped and sauted
2 large hot peppers chopped and sauted
2.5 28oz cans diced tomatoes
2 16oz jars chunky pace
2 packs of shelbys (basic spice and both cayenne)
salt
1 stout beer
2 16oz jars of water

simmered an hour, smoker w/ hickory for about 2.

I make a really hearty Brisket and barley soup.

No recipe needed.

I just sautee carrots onion and celery until soft dump that into a stock pot with 4 cups of water 4 cups of vegetable or low sodium beef broth add a cup or two of barley and chopped up brisket. add a bay leaf or two some parsley if you have it some dried chives if you have it and salt & pepper.

I just go through the fridge and add little bits of whatever vegetables we have left.

I am not Vietnamese, but, I can tell you that the brisket is laid into the bowl raw and then the very hot broth is poured over the brisket cooking it. You would not use cooked brisket in Pho normally. But, I see no reason you couldn't do that.

Back