• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from Central California- Farmer Rob checkin in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Farmer Rob

:icon_devil Hiyah folks- I'm rob, and I love bbq... just got a new rig and was looking for tips when i stumbled upon here.. so by way of introduction->
here is a note i sent to the guys at Nolen who just built me the rig seen below:

Hi guys, All seems well !! Got the trailer into the wherehouse last night- hoisted it up w/ forklift to assemble and away we went- everything arrived fine, will put smokestacks on tonight and wipe down with veg-oil to season...
mini_smoker_007.jpg

mini_smoker_002.jpg

Up til now been smoking in a converted old chinese duck cooker-
put a propane burner and a wood chip box in the drip pan storage area- 3 3'x3' shelves give me plenty of space but no practical experience with a true wood or charcoal firebox- ((HELP)) so not sure how much to load, how long to come up to temp etc.. so any advice in that direction would be helpful..

attached pic is thanksgiving this year- a few of the birds already out- I take care of the neighbors :)

turkey.jpg

look forward to learning ... and sharing
been cooking mainly pork butts, whole pig (laCjajaChina style) and poultry for many years, a bit of ribs now n then

Welcome to the Brethren Farmer Rob, that is one clean rig you got there.

Welcome to the BBQ Brethren brother smoker...:p

Welcome Rob. Is your new rig an Austin?

Kev- it was built by the Nolen crew in Missouri - father n son- Steve and Michael
I know they build for a lot of folks, but i saved quite doin some homework and goin direct

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your mods to the duck cooker. Time for me to check craigslist. Welcome Rob

Hi Farmer Rob. Welcome to the Brethren. Nice looking rig for sure. Envy is an awful thing to live with.

Thks all. Seasoned the new rig today. Used about 12lb of kingsford w/mesquite. Burned a lil hot till I figured out the damper controls. got a good 4-5 hours before temps started to fade

just need to figure out an easy way to clean the firebox

Welcome aboard Rob!

Sweet lookin' rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back