• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dirty patty melt

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After reading about Todd's Dirt yesterday and hair pieces and what not I decided to do a little cooking on the SJP which I haven't used in a while. Did some patty melts seasoned with Dirt and cooked over Hair Piece Oak Chacoal. (By the way I did find a piece of fiberglass in this particular bag) Toasted buttered bread on the grill and topped with meunster cheese. These were juicy and delicious and the dirt added a great flavor! And in case it looks like I used lighter fluid I don't. In the SJP I put 2 firestarter cubes under the charcoal grate on the side and bank the charcoal and light from underneath.

Picture517.jpg

test.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Picture528.jpg

Picture530.jpg

Picture536.jpg

Picture532.jpg

Looks mighty tasty from where I am sitting! Good job.

BTW, love the one pic showing the glowing charcoal!

Now I know what I want for lunch...too bad that won't be happening....

Good looking patty melt. I like to mix my seasoning right into the ground beef. I know some folks think you shouldn't because the meat gets too compacted, but it sure helps blend the flavors throughout... Just my .02 worth.

Yeah, I'm with you. My favorite burger is easy. Mix garlic powder and oregano into the beef, make a patty, cook, and add a couple slices of provolone cheese on top to melt just before serving. Oh man oh man! Been making these for 30 years, and they never get boring. Once in awhile when I am motivated, I will saute diced onions and mix them in the meat, too.

Smokey Al, your burgers look awesome! But I never will understand how it is "natural wood charcoal" with fiberglass in it.

Ok I give up not too good at this intra net thing LOL. Looking for the web site to purchase Todd's Dirt can someone help me out please?

it's not too difficult...
www.toddsdirt.com

Get ya some...I put some on some T-bones last night after reading about it all day yesterday...yeah...didn't happen cause no pics...but they tasted damn good for not happenin'

i'm hoping to have my bottle of dirt by saturday afternoon so i can put it on the burnt ends i'll have after my brisket cook. After all this talk, i'm going to have go and get a second lunch today.

I agree with Desert Dweller. A hint with hamburgers. Mix some inside with the hamburger and sprinkle some on the outside. Crabby is pretty good too if you like that kind of taste. I also like to take Extra virgin olive oil, sliced onions and Dirt and put in a sauce pan until they carmelize. Put that on a steak or hamburger. I AM NOT SELLING. I am just educating.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

It sells itself! They were good eating. I've mixed spices in the meat before but I lose the texture that I like so I really pile it on the outsides now and it still comes out great!

WOW!! Those look killer. And SJP's kick arse. I love mine. Great job:eusa_clap

Back