MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #16
cmcadams
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Just tell them that your fuel source is replenishable new growth wood, not fossil fuels, and that you filter your smoke to remove pollutants (then put some cheesecloth over your stack).

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #17
Kung Fu BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

IMO as a green freak myself. BBQ is just about as green as it gets.

In my case, I use lump charcoal, unlike briquettes lump is compostable, you can add the ashes to a garden and grow bbq tomatoes.

The exhaust is that of a burning tree (if a squirrel did not get out in time) , no chemicals, no gas, only tree and meat.

There is no additives or preservatives, I make the rub, it is housed in glass containers not plastic.

Plus I use all natural meats, no additives, roids or hormones. That to me is green, very green.

I actually hate the term green and the fact that it is a sales pitch now. As a nation we have built ourselves a very large garbage dump and it's only common sense that maybe we should reduce a bit of the trash and figure out some creative and money making ways to deal with waste.

Brinkman Cimmaron
Weber
BBQ Grillware
Kung Fu BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #18
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu BBQ View Post

In my case, I use lump charcoal, unlike briquettes lump is compostable, you can add the ashes to a garden and grow bbq tomatoes.

The exhaust is that of a burning tree (if a squirrel did not get out in time) , no chemicals, no gas, only tree and meat.

There is no additives or preservatives, I make the rub, it is housed in glass containers not plastic.

Plus I use all natural meats, no additives, roids or hormones. That to me is green, very green.

I actually hate the term green and the fact that it is a sales pitch now. As a nation we have built ourselves a very large garbage dump and it's only common sense that maybe we should reduce a bit of the trash and figure out some creative and money making ways to deal with waste.

Well put!

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
TysDad
Full Fledged Farker

A lot of lump charcoal is made from offcuts and waste pieces from other industries. Briquettes were invented to make money from a waste stream of wood at Ford, right? Both are saving something from a landfill. I guess the hardest thing is getting past the noxious gasses released during burning. Propane and Natural gas have dramatically less different types of chemicals in the exhaust than you get burning wood, but certainly don't taste as good.

But you have to cook beef. That way you can say that you are aiding in the termination of one steer's worth of methane releases...

[FONT=Times New Roman]Stainless Pool Filter Drum, BarBChef offset, charcoal GOSM, a gasser and a weed burner.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Henckels Twin Cuisine knives, CDN ProAccurate fast thermometer, Maverick Dual Probe Wireless thermometer, and lots more cooking tools.[/FONT]

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live."
TysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #20
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu BBQ View Post

Well said, and I guess some of the point of my post above was missed. Point being, with minor changes, default BBQ can be called green, and you can charge a premium for it to boot.

->
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote