Outdoor stoves Pros Cons

I use and love the Pro 60 model, which can usually be found for around the price of the one you are looking at. I actually got mine for free, my neighbor had been trying to use it with the grill box for his only backyard grill. Well the box pretty much sucks if you're going to do things like burgers that want to flare up. So he went and got a $700. stainless gas job with infrared, etc... Told me to just get that piece of crap Camp Chef out of his garage, I ever so quickly obliged!

I have used this at the hunting camp.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...cts&QueryText=stove&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1

It works great. Just make sure you have enough BTU for it to do what you want it to. I found out the expensive way that 15,000 is not enough to really fry fish. Too slow of a recovery when you want to keep the oil hot.

Also, make sure you have enough room to put two of the size pots you will be using on at once. Some are small and 2 nice size cast iron skillets will not be centered on the burners.

Let us know what you end up with and how you like it.

I got the 3 burner camp chef last year at Lowes for 99.99. I love it,, especially at comps,, I place 3 stainless steel 6 inch deep full size pans on it,,, and use it as a wash station. Also use it for our annual fish fry,, I saw one a Cabelas a couple weeks ago,,it wasn't a camp chef,, but it was allot nicer,, diamond plate side shelf, paper towel holder, bottom shelf. It was on sale for 129.99.

I got one at cabelas several years ago. like others said, needs more btu's for fish. I had it for sale at garage sale last weekend but didnt sell. any brethern in central ohio interested, pm me.

Last edited:
Ihad one for a couple of years have a griddle with it . Dont use it very much but it work great an easy to travel with
100_8049.jpg

I have a Brinkmann 2 burner and think it is great. You can get all kinds of stuff them. I bought all my accesories from camp chef though (griddle, rollerbag, grill box, patio cover, etc.). My only regret is not getting the 3 burner model. I use mine at tailgates and bbq comps, it puts out plenty of BTUs.

Mine is like the camp chef pro 60 with the side shelves and wind screen. I got it for around $100.00 at westlakes ace hardware.

I have 2 of them. One has two high pressure burners and the other has 3 low pressure burners... Use them all the time for various cooking tasks... I'm having a two burner model added to one of my trailer smokers...

James.

My Thanks to everyone who helped me on this decision. I have purchased

the Camp Chef Yukon 2 burner stove. I also ordered the camp chef

universial griddle. they should be here in a few days. Thanks for all the in

put:icon_bigsmil Can ya say deep fried tator tots and wings WooHoo:twisted:

Back