Tx Chapter Paralyzed Veterans of America BBQ Cook-off

bob n humble

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
There were 26 teams - and everyone had a great time. The Grand Champion was Roycie Raspberry - Lady Pitmaster, and Resv. Grand was Dennis May - Smokin in the Dark. All the results will be placed on the TGCBCA web-site.
The weather was great for the whole weekend. The Ladies of VFW Post 10352, had a Baked Spaghetti Dinner on Friday night for the cookers. The Money Hat was won by: Roger Henderickson Jr., the 50/50 was won by Larry Watson.
Thank you to Mike & Mary - Smokin Mop Buckets cookers for the donation of the Margarita Machine that was auctioned on Saturday. Also Texan for donating the jelly for the goodie bags, and the auction basket.
TCPVA - really appreciated the support from all the teams/visitors that came out. Thank you everyone for your support for this event. Watch for the dates for next years event.
Bob & Jill Blankenship

Bob, this cook-off was a really nice one glad to have taken part in it :p

we place 6th in brisket & 8th in Ribs 12th in Chicken finished the day 9th overall :-D

thanks for all your hard work in putting it together

Last edited:
Bob and Jill,

Thanks for making this cook-off such a nice event. You both did a great job!!! This was by far the most enjoyable cook I've participated in so far. I'm looking forward to next year! Congrats to all who got the call.

Crapshoot hit 1st in brisket and 5th overall.

Dusty, your ribs are excellent and your new Spicewine cooker is super sweet! One question, is your wife going to make another buttermilk pie at the invitational? :cool:

Thanks Zilla

I think she is talking about taking orders for the invatational, I'll find out for you.

Great job by Dustaway!!! That Spicewine is starting to work.

Back