Spring Cleaning

david

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK- now before anybody goes and looks up my past posts disparaging everyone who "washes" their pits... It's been 4 years, and I can't stand it anymore... the farking thing needs an overhaul and a good cleaning.

Now, I'm gonna use my need to do a bit of welding on my pit as an excuse, so here goes...

Am I on the right track if I park my bandera in the driveway and blast it with the pressure washer and some degreaser?

I would take it to the car wash. That way you do not have all the nasty chit in your driveway.

Second the motion. If you can get it to the carwash, spray the hell out of it with degreaser and high pressure that baby. Make sure all the chemical gets rinsed out and after it's dry you may have to wipe it all over with some oil to keep any rust out of it because it will not have the protection of the grease that it did.

And wear one of Brian's bunny suits while you do it! :-D

If I were going to clean my pit (which I'm NOT) I would spray it down with Simple Green, load it on the trailer, and blast away at the car wash. Then I would dry it very diligently and reseason with care.

I do it with a pressure washer and simple green.

If you have a neighbor you don't like, do it in their driveway!

Burning a small fire will help get rid of any moisture. If you are going to be doing any paint on it you can burn a nice fire to help the paint settle in as well after the last coat has had time to set. Multiple light coats of high temp paint have worked very well for me on the firebox.

Back