Help Me With My Pecan Pie

J

jorma420

hello all, ive been working on incorperating my rub into pecan pie. has anyone ever tried this?

Michael,
Not sure about this, being a Texas transplant, and have had my share of pecan pies; but am always open to new ideas.
My initial thought was "why bbq rub in a pecan pie?" but let me do a little research with the family recipe and see what I can come up with.
Of course it wouldn't hurt if I stopped in Badbobs to check it out, which I will do soon.
I am sure some other folks will chime in shortly.

thanx westex, i watch a lot of food TV and i see often that many of these candy makers are using hot spices in there chocolate.ive been trying to use it in my pie filling but now im thinking maybe in the crust would be better. oh well the only downside is the pounds im putting on testing.

jorma420 said:
thanx westex, i watch a lot of food TV and i see often that many of these candy makers are using hot spices in there chocolate.ive been trying to use it in my pie filling but now im thinking maybe in the crust would be better. oh well the only downside is the pounds im putting on testing.

I'd be careful of the sugar and salt in the rubs that may throw off your crust. Maybe come up with your own rub or add chile's if the flavor and heat is what you are looking for.

Personally I'd save the q spices for the q. I'd add cayenne or other heat (powder) into the syrup and mix well. Heat and sweet go well together.

Let us know how it goes!

Back