MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Great beginners competition/class

Don't get too excited, that is unless you live way out her in the Pacific North West. Our long time friend Jim Minion just clued me into a very exciting opportunity. There will be a special all day class that will also involve judging by certified BBQ judges as well. It will cover chicken, ribs and brisket and I am sure a lot of theory on everything involved in the art of BBQ. I unfortunately was a day late and a dollar short last year so I'm getting my registration in early. The fee is $50 and it covers the meat and charcoal for a full days worth of cooking. It starts at 6 AM and ends at 6 PM. Should be able to glean a lot of information in that amount of time. I'm pumped. It will be nice to see Jim again also. I would say that if you are within a couple of hundred miles of this event it would be worth your effort to attend. And by the way, this is my first post in the competition section since I joined. I'll let you know how I do. PM me if you are going to attend. Here is the link:

http://www.wbbqa.com/forums/calendar...tinfo&e=36&c=1

It was a brave man who first ate an oyster.
Brinkman Stillwater Limited, Great Outdoors Vertical charcoal.
Hoorenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry, forgot to mention that it will be held in the parking lot of the Centralia, Washington Wall Mart. That's about mid way between Seattle and Portland.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoorenga
August 8
Hoo the clsass is on August 5th

http://www.wbbqa.com/forums/calendar...tinfo&e=36&c=1

Link works for me.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Iceman's link works...and it is indeed the 5th of August. I'm cleaning up the broken thread posts.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks, I think I have officially reached the age of senility. I thought I wouldn't miss my mind when it went because I never used it for much but it's the little details that screw you up. Last night I took the handlebars off of my motorcycle and set the large center bolt down right next to the bike some where. I spent the next four hours cleaning the garage looking for it. After I had everyting cleaned up and a new overhead light installed I sat down on the bike to just enjoy a quiet moment and apreciate my efforts. I looked down by my leg and there was the nut wedged in one of the fins of the motor. Gods way of telling me I need to slow down.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
icemn62
Babbling Farker

We have all been there Hoo, or we are headed there.

Anyboddy know if this type of class is taught in the So California area? Sounds like a great class, and a fantastic way to spend a day. Ought to shoot a link to the wife as a father's day present....

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote