MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Tony A
Full Fledged Farker

Default Tribute to brethren, a few specifics and my countdown!

Well my friends I came to this site not too long ago when I first got really excited and wanted to get into some real serious BBQ. I got a ton of information great tips and have honed my q skills to no where near professional but I make some dam good q now. More than any for all my successful builds and cooks I have to thank JM, PWA and sandiegobbq. They along with everyone else on this site helped me learn to cook on charcoal and in no time flat had me from a smokey joe gold to a min wsm to an Akorn.
Unfortunately my hectic life kicked in between graduating college and bouncing around to find what line of work suits me and now getting engaged last month I had not been on here in too long. But now that I have everything worked out I'm back on q heavy.
I would like to thank all the brethren and especially those specifically named above for all the help I've gotten and will continue to get here even when I fell off the map for a while I was welcomed back with open arms and no hard feelings.

With all that said!!!! In less than 12 hours my brand new basically fully loaded primo oval xl will be delivered and set up in my yard can not wait to welcome the new family member !!!

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

It truly is a most special place.

Glad to have you sticking with us!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Zin
is One Chatty Farker

Tony congrats on graduating from college and getting engaged, life is good and seems to be getting better. Best of luck with your new cooker.
Zin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
retired trucker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zin View Post
Tony congrats on graduating from college and getting engaged, life is good and seems to be getting better. Best of luck with your new cooker.
Are you referencing his new Primo, or his wife to be? Any way congratulations on both, and may you have many excellent meals and good times. (regardless of whoever does the cooking)

Blessings,

Omar

Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

great post mate and congrats on all things good

Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Hey Tony... glad to see you back online... we have often wondered what happened to you... lol... you were getting ready for exam week at school and poof.... never heard from you again :)

Anyway... wow on the primo! I have had a few grill changes on the Man Cave patio since we last talked too.... (see signature).

Thanks for the shout out also :) I got a LOT of GREAT HELP from members of this site when I first got started also. They helped me choose my first smoker (The WSM 18.5) and then supported me through the UDS build as well. Besides that, I learned how to cook good Q from reading and asking questions here as well...

Welcome back to cyber-reality :)
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #7
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Tony thats fantastic!! Man Glad you got the schooling knocked out!! Congrats on the Primo XL me and JM were just talking about that the other night. Lets see some pic of your first cook on that thing. Hop in Chat again... you know were there almost every night :)

pwa
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

"Boys and their toys!!!"....Congrats!!!