• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Would like to hear the +'s and -'s, please.

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We have a custom S&S catering rig, but are tired of sleeping on cots. We need a/c and a bed, and rv's are relatively cheap right now, so we are thinking of buying a smaller pit for contests / overflow cooking and want to pair it with a toy hauler, travel trailer or 5th wheel. What is the best approach?

We've also thought about another custom rig, but want to limit the cash out of pocket and be family friendly. Thoughts?

I have a GMC 2500 Duramax tow vehicle.....

Last edited:
I've seen tons of rigs, and have a pretty nice one. I am more interested in commercial rv vs. custom rig feedback. I do not want another catering or vending rig neccesarily.

jbrink check out octrailers.com there up buy Souix City, Iowa. They have everthing from Horse trailers to RV's at pretty good prices.

jbrink check out octrailers.com there up buy Souix City, Iowa. They have everthing from Horse trailers to RV's at pretty good prices.

Thanks, I will.

What would you reccomend? My FEC 500 and Trailer is great, but too light on creature comforts, especially when it's raining or hot. Thinking fec 100 and Toy Hauler????? Maybe throw a backwoods or spicewine on as well.

Right now we are using a Travel Trailer and are looking at a similar decision. I am looking at a KZ Sportsman Toy Hauler right now. I can throw the Fatboy and Party in the back install a couple of cabinets for the gear for comps but still have a "camper" to use with the family other weekends. The garages are fully enlclosed for cooking and the front has all the comforts of home...the answer seems to be toyhauler for me. Just have to deal with the space issue @ some comps...but they need teams and you need space, I'm sure you can work something out :mrgreen:

The Ulcer Acres trailer is for sale. We will not want to get rid of it until after the Jack. But if you are out at the Royal stop in and see. 36 ft. fifth wheel toyhauler. Two slide outs and 5K Onan on board generator. Full kitchen already in the back and ready to go. If interested we are in space 972 and live in central Illinois.

There are all kinds of different toy haulers out there in a lot of different sizes.
Me i like the look of the car trailer toy haulers. The RV style set to high off the ground. Much easier to load thing like smoker and tables when they are closer to the ground.

Just my two cents

Thanks, I will.

What would you reccomend? My FEC 500 and Trailer is great, but too light on creature comforts, especially when it's raining or hot. Thinking fec 100 and Toy Hauler????? Maybe throw a backwoods or spicewine on as well.

I have comfort issues with our set up. Think shanty. And frankly I think it hurts us especially when it gets over 90*. Like Shigs, the Rev, Podge, everybody says to us. Get some comfort and our scores will probably go up.
We are working on a deal that we hope will be done by spring.

I have seen quite a few real nice toy haulers and such, and Smoky Mountain Smokers trailer is one that we really like. B-E-A-UTIFUL!

There ain't nothing wrong with your setup Dale. Shoot, it's a veritable Taj Ma Hall.

Back