Cornbread for 125 + question please

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have a catering gig (Wedding) this weekend and one thing the bride wants know is cornbread. Okay I am fine with cornbread in a cast iron skillet cooked but that is going to take WAY to long!!!

Question has anyone cooked cornbread in a full or half hotel pan? If so how does it turn out?

Or any other ideas would be appreciated indeed

I've used shallow (2") full sized pans. It takes a little longer because of the volume, but it turns out fine. Doesn't have the crispy crust like the cast iron gives, but it's moist and it still tastes great.

works great sprinkle some turbinado in pan before pouring the mixture..gives the outside a little bark..also let it air dry / cool down

You should have no problem making corn bread in a hotel pan. I have done it many times. You will hardly see a difference, if any at all. Cast iron is fun and all, but really does not change the final product. Just make sure you lube that puppy up real well, and get it hot before adding the batter.

I used 2.5" full steam table pans and put them in the Lang with a loose cover of foil and smoked at 350° Do make sure the pans are hot and peanut oil works best

Back