• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Price question at restaurant depot

RAYSOR

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to RD in Houston to pickup a few items, I went in the meat dept and saw a 12lb brisket that said select angus, also picked up a pack of angus beef short ribs, the ones that have four in them, the cashier rang up the 12lb brisket for $99.00 and the beef ribs for $108.00. I had her double check the price as I told her briskets and ribs should not be that much? needless to say I put them back, at 100.00 for a 12lb brisket It would not be enjoyable to eat for me at that price,anyone else ever had this experience,

Prices per pound should be posted at each bin where you found the meat.

Nope never had that experience. I just keep paying my membership to the bbq brethren with the empty promise of one day being able to shop there. But I guess that's another story.

I went to RD in Houston to pickup a few items, I went in the meat dept and saw a 12lb brisket that said select angus, also picked up a pack of angus beef short ribs, the ones that have four in them, the cashier rang up the 12lb brisket for $99.00 and the beef ribs for $108.00. I had her double check the price as I told her briskets and ribs should not be that much? needless to say I put them back, at 100.00 for a 12lb brisket It would not be enjoyable to eat for me at that price,anyone else ever had this experience,

Wow.... That's $8.25 a pound.

At 12lbs should of been $28.20 Its $2.35. Its in there add at the price till on sale till the 15th.

yeah, somebody dropped the ball at the store. The cashier should of consulted someone higher up the chain for sure.

Nope never had that experience. I just keep paying my membership to the bbq brethren with the empty promise of one day being able to shop there. But I guess that's another story.

Empty promise? How do you mean?

Also interesting they had Angus select? RD here most always has choice....don't know if I've ever seen select

37779726.jpg

I typically just do the math myself to be prepared for what the cashier is going to tell me. RD only tags the pieces and has weight, but since the price/lb is posted, you can do the math.

Sounds like someone blew it somehow.
Glad you didn't hand over the cash for that for sure. That's more like waygu pricing, not select.

Back