MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
petedawg70
Found some matches.

Default Q'ing it up today

Hello Brethren and Sisteren,

I just wanted to share this photo of a two bone-in Prime Rib. I know that two bone-in is like a really fat steak. Needless to say, it turned out pretty good on my first try. I must of had the luck of the Irish on my side being that we are 2 weeks from ST. Patrick's Day. Take care all..talk to ya real soon.

Petedawg70 out here....
OTS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (50.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (35.8 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by petedawg70; 03-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
petedawg70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Thanks for the pictures! How about some details, too? Rub, how you cooked it, what you cooked it on, internal temp, etc. We all love pictures, but we also like to learn from each other and it's really hard to learn from just pictures

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
mbshop
Babbling Farker

only one thing wrong, those aren't in front of me !

Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
petedawg70
Found some matches.

Sorry about that Capt Ron....Rookie mistake brotha....I used a basic Beef Rub that I got from my awesome, "Weber on the Grill" App..That rub consist of the following :

4 tsp kosher salt
1 tblsp pure chile powder
1 tblsp granulated onion
1-1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

I cooked this prime rib on my OTS using indirect heat at about 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours until the internal temp reached 140 degrees. I used Royal Oak Hardwood Charcoal and filled my two charcoal baskets using the minion method to get the heat going. That way I keep the wife happy because if it is still bleeding she will not eat it That is why the meat has a little a bit of pink in it.
petedawg70 is offline   Reply With Quote