MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Big dawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Default What is your go to wing rub and sauce?

Cooking a bunch of wings for Super Bowl need some ideas on rubs and sauces. All I got right now is mad hunky but we want to try something different. Thanks.

Jrow
Big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Motley Q
On the road to being a farker

Cook em the original way.

No rub.

Franks hot sauce.

Thats it!
Motley Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Puckstopper

I just made some with some dizzy pig jamacain firewalk then tossed in franks red hot

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
jeffjenkins1
Babbling Farker

Little late to order but Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death dust is awesome.

Jeff
18" Weber OTS
Primo Oval XL
NB American Gourmet offset smoker
UDS
Big Chief Smoker
Turkey Fryer
jeffjenkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

plowboys yardbird. thank me later.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

3 Eyz rub with Texas Pete mixed with a little butter as the sauce. Good stuff!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
BobM
Babbling Farker

No rub.
For hot - Frank's RedHot sauce, butter and Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix.
For sweet - Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Don't know if you can find some Bolner's Fiesta seasonings. I like their Pico de Gallo with Lime seasoning for wings. Even some lemon pepper and garlic powder is a good seasoning for wings.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=pico+gallo
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Last edited by BobBrisket; 01-31-2013 at 09:58 PM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

I put wings in a bowl squeeze parkay on to coat them, hit them with dirty d rub, on my UDS I load up the first rack place the second rack on an load that one up to...cook at 325* for a hour pull them off into a clean bowl and mix Borderline Gourmet jalapeno marinade on and listen to the roar of the crowed.

It's kinda hard to find my misses get's it in El Paso when she goes home for Christmas it's jap hot, says it's made here in Austin but I've never seen it here. Austin gift company might have it if anywhere.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
Yendor
is one Smokin' Farker

Famous Dave's Chickn' Wing rub with Frank's Redhot, butter, garlic powder, onion powder and a ground pepper for heat. Cayenne, ground red or my favorite ghost chilies.

My neighbor had great wings one night, I asked what he used. Straight Frank's, but he marinades overnight. I am planning on using my wing sauce for that marinade

Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
isolated01
Full Fledged Farker

Crystal extra hot wing sauce and scirracha is my go to sauce. I like the heat and garlic flavor of it.
isolated01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
lowbass
is One Chatty Farker

Pleaseeeee put some type of seasoning on your wings!!!! I use seasoned salt, black pepper and a little paprika. Season the night before cooking and place in the fridge. Without any seasoning all you have is the wing sauce for flavor on your wings. And once you get past the sauce you're just eating plain bland chicken wings. For my sauce it's the simple butter, Franks, Worshy, garlic powder and cajun seasoning.
lowbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
schmitty28

I found a good recipe on the hog blog called APL wings search it sure I didn't post the thread right but did give credit also I think mister Bob is a member of the bbq brethren

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

One thing you can do, if you have time, is inject each wing with some hot sauce before grilling, smoking, of frying. The drummette won't hold the injection but the flat wing tip does! Lil pocket of hot sauce as you bite into em. If you deep fry, be careful using this method as it will make for some effects when the sauce hits the oil.
Landarc's ginger/scallion oil is also REAALLLY good!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=ginger+oil
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=ginger+oil
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #15
smokainmuskoka
is one Smokin' Farker

1 part black pepper
1 part garlic salt
1 part oregano
1/4 cayenne
I got this rub from Steve Raichlen's "Barbeque Bible" - Eat it and Beat it Wings. The recipe in the book is equal parts of each ingredient, but my family find the cayenne a bit much. I also rub with a bit of olive oil.
Sauce - I like 'em nekkid, but I defer once again to my household and sauce them with BBQ sauce of choice-1/2 cup, with 1 Tblspn margarine, heat in microwave(med-low) 'til melted. Pour sauce on wings, toss, serve.
smokainmuskoka is offline   Reply With Quote