SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Wow, fantastic entries since I've been on here, congratulations, brothers. I love the pic of that baby in a helmet! rgrizzle that big smoker you have looks great. I love the feast for Big Block's birthday and so many other things. Well done! I'm hoping to make another entry by the weekend if I can steal enough time from other things -- will be entered in the Olympics TD and here. Now where's that sippy cup with prune juice and rum?

Cute kids Check
Cute Pup Check
Cold Beer Check
Great prep pics Check
Great Plated shots Check

Rgrizzle nailed it Vets. Great cook!

Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown

OJ3oB.jpg

RTiDi.jpg

Smoked Chicken Etouffee

3jkg8.jpg

If I may, I'd like to point out that from
the appearances of the entries so far.....
regardless of your personal affiliation and entry to team "Vet" or "Noob"
There's a whole lot of veteran cooks at work here....

OutStanding my fellow Brethrens, OutStanding!!!

Since we have so much time in this TD, I've been formulating "The Master Plan". The Noobs are proving to be more of a challenge for the Vet's than originally anticipated.

We'll be needing a Flash/Bang for this one!

cirk, awesome looking!! i would eat that any day.

I agree with N8, Bear, Toast, Kathy, etc, etc. There hasn't been a bad entry yet, all the chit talking just makes sharing our passion for que more fun

cirk, awesome looking!! i would eat that any day.

I agree with N8, Bear, Toast, Kathy, etc, etc. There hasn't been a bad entry yet, all the chit talking just makes sharing our passion for que more fun
my wife says I'm so full of chit my eyes are turning brown.:blah:

Noobian small arms fire!!!

This is not an entry just a volley of small arms fire at the vets...:laser::eek:

So Aussi got me into a mood for Tritip with his previous entry... Being in CA tritip is cheaper to get than brisket per #(slight exaggeration). _DSC4516.JPG
The only thing is that I really wanted something to put on it... So how about a homemade Chimichurri
_DSC4517.JPG
The final meal consisted of a 2# tritip smoked to 135 over apple wood
_DSC4519.JPG_DSC4520.JPG
and reverse seared on the gasser,
_DSC4523.JPG
smoked mashed potatoes,
_DSC4524.JPG
and because no meal is complete without bacon and jalepenos, I added in some cream cheese bacon wrapped jalepenos.
_DSC4522.JPG
And for the final plating...
_DSC4525.JPG

Long live the Farking Noobian Alliance!!! Well until this TD is over and we all pretty much become vets...:shock:

another official entry by seadad9903 (use last picture as voting picture)

"Captain seadad sir, the SS Farkanaut is in range!! What shall we do??"

main.php

"*sigh*Minion, what do you think we should do?"

"Ummm, lob something dastardly their way, sir?"

"That would be a good idea , Minion. What do we have standing by?"

"Sir, we have a Greek chicken sandwich, peas and smoked fries that can be ready to fire quickly."

"Very well, ready all torpedo tubes. All hands prepare for attack."

main.php

"Sir, peas are seasoned with salt and herb blend and loaded in gasser tube 1!"

main.php

"Sir, fries are seasoned with salt and pepper and loaded in gasser tube 2!"

main.php

"Sir, chicken is loaded in charcoal tube. Sir all torpedoes will be ready to fire in 5 minutes."

"Very good Minion. The Farkanaut will take a heavy blow tonight."

main.php

"Minion, are we ready to fire yet? It's been 10 minutes and I grow impatient"

"Sorry, Sir. There was a delay in getting the fries ready. Somebody kept taking "samples". We are ready to launch all torpedoes, Sir!"

"Very well. Fire!!!"

main.php

The chicken was marinated in OO, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper, lemon juice and chopped garlic. The white sauce in the bowl is a little of the marinade removed before adding chicken with red wine vinegar, mayo and a dash of lemon juice. It was drizzled over the sandwich before serving.

The fries were good until they started cooling off, then they got a little hard.

Cap'n Moose, permission to return fire, SIR!!!

Launching twice-baked tater boats to protect the main weapon of choice, a maple-glazed pork roast:

IMG_2383.jpg

The maple-glaze contains a special incendiary ingredient, the infamous JD (recipe here). Let the Noobians gaze closely upon our weapon of doom.

IMG_2384.jpg

Let the counter-attack commence!

IMG_2398.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, lets use that last shot as an entry pic. Can't let those Noobians get to far ahead of us in the arms race...

Back