MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Bullfeathers
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Rub Co. Ribs, Pron, and some Challenges

I hope all my fellow Brethren had an enjoyable holiday weekend-- judging from the threads, it would appear so! I was one of the lucky ones that Ryan from the Rub Co. bestowed some of his magic dust on to try out. I was looking forward to a great weekend, where I was going to smoke and grill to my hearts content... then I got sick. On top of that, I found out that a friend of ours passed away, and I was asked if I could cook for an impromptu gathering of friends. So I threw some chicken, and some ribs in the smoker, one slab in particular using Rub Co's wonderful stuff.

I was not bringing my A game this weekend.... but the ribs were fantastic. Ryan, you have a found a new customer! Everybody raved about how good they were.. So thank you very much, and I look forward to buying your stuff!

Here's some pics from the affair-- again, they might not look that great, but the mind was elsewhere. Thanks for taking time to look.

One slab dusted with the RUB Co rub, the other was just my own generic rub.

Almost ready to pull off.

Again, I know that I could have done a better job documenting the cook, but when you are fighting illness, along with emotions, all I really cared about was just having some good eats.

Thanks for the opportunity Ryan. I appreciate it.
Bullfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Mark Stanton
is one Smokin' Farker

They look good to me! I had a sample from Ryan too. That is some good stuff. Hope things start looking up for ya

Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Frank Grimes
Full Fledged Farker

Can you describe the rub a little bit? I am curious and would like to know the flavor profile before I order some. Thanks,
Frank Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ryan make some good product. I like the Santa Maria in particular. It has a very nice balanced spice to it. They are not extreme rubs in my mind. Less sweet than Simply Marvelous to my palate.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
jaymo
Full Fledged Farker

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Thanks for taking the time to take some pics and share with us.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 AM   #6
Phubar

Good looking ribs!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
Bullfeathers
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
Can you describe the rub a little bit? I am curious and would like to know the flavor profile before I order some. Thanks,
Very Balanced, in my opinion. Personally, I like my ribs with a little more heat to them than sweetness. As a consequence, whenever I make a generic rub, I screw up on either side of the taste scale-- too sweet, too spicy. I felt like it had a sweet start, but a kick of spice to finish.

I can't wait to get some more, and try his other products.
Bullfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Im glad you enjoyed the rub and brought a little light to your tough weekend. Hopefully you feel better and I am sorry for your loss.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
Frank - That Barbeque blend has has a cumin base balanced with pepper (black and red), garlic and onion. It has more ingredietns but those are them main players in terms of flavors. This one has sugar so it is semi-sweet with a little heat.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Chester View Post
Frank - That Barbeque blend has has a cumin base balanced with pepper (black and red), garlic and onion. It has more ingredietns but those are them main players in terms of flavors. This one has sugar so it is semi-sweet with a little heat.
That sounds like it would be very good with lamb...

The ribs look great!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Sorry for your loss and I hope you are feeling better.
Your ribs look wonderful!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote