MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )
Default DFW Brisket Sale (again)

Albertsons will have brisket on sale for $1.99/lb from 4/11-4/13. No details on whether it is select or choice.
-----------------------------
Whole Beef Brisket

$1.99 lb.

Details:

Packer Trimmed, Limit 1 With $10 Additional Purchase 3 day Sale Friday – Sunday April 11 thru April 13, 2014

Price Valid 04/11/14 - 04/13/14

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
peeps

We lost our brisket cook for the bash, so we will have to have someone fill the gap. I'll be taking advantage of this if needed
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
ITBFQ
is One Chatty Farker

With $10 additional purchase, thats a no brainer! A brisket and a 12 pack.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatfield-and-McCoy-Barbecue/765488903565575"]Hatfield and McCoy Barbecue[/URL] - Co-Pitmaster
Illinois This Butt's for 'Que - Pitmaster

KCBS CBJ; 18.5" WSM; [COLOR="Sienna"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]S[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Red"]Thermapen Mk4[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Blue"]DigiQ DX2[/COLOR]; [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IQ120[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Gray"]CharBroil Gasser (wind victim after 11 years)[/COLOR]; Maverick; OTS x2; etc.

[URL="http://bbqbeat.com/hatfield-and-mccoy-bbq-team/"]We're (kinda) famous![/URL]
ITBFQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
Albertsons will have brisket on sale for $1.99/lb from 4/11-4/13. No details on whether it is select or choice.
Whole Beef Brisket

$1.99 lb.

Details:

Packer Trimmed, Limit 1 With $10 Additional Purchase 3 day Sale Friday – Sunday April 11 thru April 13, 2014

Dang it.. was just down there... and my chest freezer is less than half full..

EDIT: oh wait nvm.. limit 1.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITBFQ View Post
Bring a few friends and you'd have a few briskets and a lot of beer.. sounds like one happy barbecue filled day!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
sliding_billy

The limit of 1 is easy enough to work around as long as there is enough other stuff that you need to get $10 along with each one. You just need to go back and forth to different cashiers.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
The limit of 1 is easy enough to work around as long as there is enough other stuff that you need to get $10 along with each one. You just need to go back and forth to different cashiers.
I'd probably spend some time looking around the entire store to find some extremely good deal for the $10 to spend. Most stuff is overpriced at big chain grocers, Walmart too.. love shopping at Aldi. (Ever shop there? They have one in Plano.) 89 cent hamburger buns, 99 cent flour tortillas, $2 mayo that tastes better than Helman's/Best Foods (and I'm very picky about mayo), $1.29 eggs, etc..

Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #8
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Whole Beef Brisket

$1.99 lb.

Details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITBFQ View Post
Albertsons only sells Choice beef. Often times an additional purchase requirement excludes alcohol.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
sliding_billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
I'd probably spend some time looking around the entire store to find some extremely good deal for the $10 to spend. Most stuff is overpriced at big chain grocers, Walmart too.. love shopping at Aldi. (Ever shop there? They have one in Plano.) 89 cent hamburger buns, 99 cent flour tortillas, $2 mayo that tastes better than Helman's/Best Foods (and I'm very picky about mayo), $1.29 eggs, etc..
I normally just grab commodity stuff like milk to make up the $10. They normally have a couple of other good meat prices at the same time. This week, they have $0.69 fryers, $0.78 drumsticks and $2.99 chuck.

I like Aldi, but we always end up not being able to buy everything needed there. WinCo is a nice hybrid of discount and big chain.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I normally just grab commodity stuff like milk to make up the $10. They normally have a couple of other good meat prices at the same time. This week, they have $0.69 fryers, $0.78 drumsticks and $2.99 chuck.

I like Aldi, but we always end up not being able to buy everything needed there. WinCo is a nice hybrid of discount and big chain.
Wish there was a WinCo up here.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #11
JoSal73
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably snag 2 or 3 to freeze for the upcoming food frenzies this summer :)
JoSal73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
erbeman
On the road to being a farker

Dang, no Albertson's in the Frisco area

Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
sliding_billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbeman View Post
Dang, no Albertson's in the Frisco area
There are a couple out there.

http://www.forlocations.com/albertso...s-locations/TX

Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #14
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for the heads up. Got a couple last time they had on sale, but need to restock. Will try to stock up before these prices go up even more.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #15
Dabaras
On the road to being a farker

The Winco has been great at cutting my grocery bill down. Now if they just took Amex....