MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default New Holiday Trading Post Round Begins November 1st

Public Notice.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGrimbo
Sign-up begins November 1st
Trade begins November 17th
All packages must be shipped by December 8th
All packages must be received by December 15th

What is a Trading Post Trade Round?

A trade round is somewhat similar to the "Secret Santa" pairings that are common with workplace, Large Group, or Large Family Gatherings, or Christmas Parties where you are paired to exchange gifts with another person, but without the seasonal limitation. We have a trade round three or four times a year, some having a theme, while others are just general trades. Some are BBQ trades and sometimes we have Hot Sauce trades. We do this to "spice" things up a little to try and break up the monotony of just a simple trade all the time.

Ever wanted a chance to try a BBQ Sauce and/or a BBQ Rub from another part of the country?

Here is your chance and the concept is really simple.

The trades are open to all residents of the United States including Hawaii and Alaska, as well as those deployed who have an APO/FPO address. Sorry but other international traders are not permitted due to the high costs of International Shipping Rates, and even in some cases Custom Fees and Brokerage Fees which may also be applied. But this does not prevent two individual Brethren from having an international trade privately with each other. We just don't want to force a trader to incur the extremely high cost of shipping a package internationally. While a few international trades have been successful, we suggest that you use caution simply because we have had some of these international trades turn out to be a one-way trade, where some received nothing in return.

Simply sign-up for a trading account at http://www.ncgrimbo.com/BBQ_Sauce_Trade/ShowRounds.Aspx Using your Brethren Name. Once the account is created and you receive your password, you then enter your shipping information and your preferences. You then enter into the current trade round and click to participate in the trade.

The computer will then pair you with someone else from another part of the country. The idea is that You will go out and purchase a BBQ rub and a BBQ sauce sold only in your area or region. In return your trading partner has also purchased a local or regional BBQ rub and a BBQ sauce. You then ship your packages to each other and everyone will receive new products to experiment and cook with.

We ask that you avoid the common commercial brands sold nationally such as Kraft, Sweet Baby Ray's, Open Pit, Hunt's, Cattleman's, Heinz, KC Masterpiece, and other similar items. These items can be virtually purchased in almost any grocery store, so we ask that you try to stick to a regional favorite so the recipients may receive something they have never tried before.

I have had some great rubs and sauces that I would have never known about if it weren't for these trades. Many good things have landed on our table, as well as some really outstanding things that I have almost become addicted to.

While you are only obligated to send one rub and one sauce in this trade, in the Spirit of the Brethren, many add extras to the package, giving a bountiful assortment of items from the local area. If you add extra items they do not have to be limited to BBQ type items; many send local mustard, candies, or cooking sauces. With the extras, the choice is yours.

It's like Christmas, you simply exchange a box with another Brethren. It's a lot of fun and we have all received some great items to try. The worst that can come from this is that at least you tried something new and you will have pushed the envelope of your personal flavor profile.

The cheapest form of shipping is the use of the US Post Office. Some use USPS Priority Flat Rate Boxes, "if it fits - it ships", however sometimes the cheaper rates are found with the Regional Flat Rate Box B. These are almost the same size as The Large Priority Flat Rate Box, but they ship at a cheaper rate schedule. But the rate is based on actual weight.

Feel free to join in the fun of trading bbq sauce and rub. More information to follow in the BBQ-Brethren Trading Post.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
IamMadMan

Reminder, if you don't have a trade account, create one before the trading starts.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:37 AM   #3
IamMadMan

Sign-up will start tomorrow.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

Right on!! Getting in on this one. Last one was great.
Weber Performer, Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, East Texas Smoker RK250, Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

I'll be there.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
Michigan BBQ Fan
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Scott

Finally, I've paid close enough attention to join in. Yeah! Excited to connect with another Brethren, trade some fun BBQ stuff and be a part of this trade. Thanks for putting it together. Looking forward to it!

KCBS Certified Judge
Member KCBS & GLBBQA
Competition BBQ Cook

!!!Welcome to the BBQ REVIVAL!!!
Michigan BBQ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

excellent!
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

Anticipation...

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 09:38 PM   #9
PlattDaddyBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Count me in for another one!!!! Just in time for the Holliday season.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #10
Doorman
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Michael

Oh yeah!
Doorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #11
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

bump
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #12
WiscoKid
Knows what a fatty is.

My first one!
WiscoKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #13
IamMadMan

For those that didn't see the message, I bumped the thread....

For those who have already signed up for a trade round, here are a few hints to make the process quicker and easier.

There is no need to wait until the last minute to purchase and ship your items... When you sign up, start the process of preparing for the trade.

1) If you plan on using the US Mail, stop by your Post Office and pick up a free medium flat rate box. No waiting in lines, just pick the box that will fit all your items and your packing materials. A Medium Flat Rate Box ships for $13.45, or you can chose the Larger Flat Rate Box which ships for $18.75. Your other alternative is UPS, but I find that in most cases with several bottles of sauces, UPS is significantly more unless you have a business account with them.

2) Purchase your items ahead of time. You know the theme of the trade (if there is one), you know what is good from our area, why wait any longer. Purchasing a week or two in advance allows you to have the items ready without having to rush out and find items to send. It can also spread the task and cost of items over a span of a couple weeks, rather than just a day. This also allows you to locate any items from different locations that you may wish to enclose and send. Although you do not know your trading partner's maximum heat level, start with mild items, and you can add the higher heat level items before shipping after you are paired.

3) Start packing the box using ample packing material including bubble wrap.. The items arriving is part of the trade requirement; items damaged in shipment that leak are usually discarded. Proper packaging can prevent damaged items. We know when the trade begins, so be prepared ahead of time. Have everything ready to go....

4) Make sure the tops are securely closed and then bag each bottle of liquid separately (glass or plastic). I use plastic grocery bags and tie them off tightly, and then repeat the process in the opposite direction, making a double layer to try to contain the liquid should an accident occur. Then wrap the bottle in bubble wrap, place the item in the box with ample packing materials around them (paper/packing peanuts) on all sides.

4) Don't seal the box yet, in case you wish to add something before the ship date. We all have our favorites, but sometimes we see something new on an impulse and may want to include this as well.

When the trade moderator messages you, please respond!!! Communications is the key to all successful trades.

Lastly have fun and enjoy you new items... BBQ season has started and it is a great time to share the taste of these new items with friends and family.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #14
IamMadMan

Bump....

One week left to sign up or create an account.

Join in the fun, there is still room for some more trading partners.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #15
IamMadMan

Bump