MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholloway View Post
Custom size it since its a custom build.
Can TQ do a 42" cook chamber with appropriate sized warmer box?
You nailed it brother cause we build em custom we can do whatever someone desires.

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I have been drooling over this one ever since the drawing this week. I would ask Paul if they can add a way to block off the horizontal cooking chamber and a way to open up the warmer a little more. Then when you have a small load you could just heat up the vertical. Just an idea and I am not sure if this is the model you are referring to or not. My thought was with this smoker you would have a horizontal stick burner and a vertical. To me it doesn't get any better and you save the space of having 2 separate smokers. I never really liked the warmer being on the other end. If all goes well I will be getting one of these next spring.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Last edited by pjtexas1; 09-16-2016 at 02:54 PM..
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Hello All. I am getting a new smoker shortly. Im looking at the 48'' patio with a warmer. My question to the Brethren is, would this be too much of a smoker for a single rack of ribs or two. Most of my cooks are small cooks for the wife and myself. The young-un doesnt eat too much right now. I have these great visions of a brisket and pork butt and ribs all at the same time but dont know if it will happen that way. How much more fuel does a 48" smoker use over a 36" smoker? Right now Im cooking on a large egg and size has yet to be a problem. I have never cooked on a stick burner. But I really like the look of the 48".
I cant speak for a 48. But I owned a 250 gallon smoker from Paul. It took 30 min to get up to temp and I used about 2 sticks of wood an hour to keep it fueled. The RF design is easy to cook on. My smoker had constant temps through out the whole chamber. Not any hot spots that you had to worry about.
As far as the warmer, I would get it. Its great to cook sausage and sides in.
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
Drake
Full Fledged Farker

sliding_billy:
Thats a very nice pit you've got. TuscaloosaQ does have the separate exhausts on the cook chamber and the warmer.

cholloway:
TuscaloosaQ can pretty much make the smoker the customer wants. He can size it to whatever the need is. He is very accommodating and easy to work with.

pjtexas1:
TuscaloosaQ puts a baffle from the main cook chamber to the vertical warmer. That way you get live some in the warmer. He can also put in a vent in the bottom of the warmer to add more heat from the firebox to the warmer if desired. He also has a charcoal basket in the warmer if you want to use only the warmer without firing up the main chamber. You can grill in it over the charcoal or use it as a separate smoker.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #20
Drake
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you to everyone who answered. I am really leaning towards the 48" smoker with the warmer. Deciding on which builder was the easy part, picking the cooker is the hard part. I think I did that backwards.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote