4th of July

D

ddog27

So what is everyone cooking for the 4th of July?

I have four days off for the holiday and I am going to make it a smoking 4th of July! I am going to be doing ribs, a chuck roast and chicken thighs! It has been a little while since I have had time to smoke anything so I am excited! Since I have 4 days I think I might even grill a few ribeye steaks as well! Should be some good eats!!

Doing my first brisket for about 9 months. Hope I remember how. Should be done in about 9 months - right?

i am going to try to do my first brisket ever. trying to decide on how as the more i look around, the more little variations on cooking i find. looks like most will foil, either after 4-5 hours or at around 160*, then bring it to 190-195 and then into a cooloer to rest. does that sound right since you have done one?

tommykendall said:
Doing my first brisket for about 9 months. Hope I remember how. Should be done in about 9 months - right?

Which cooker?:p

Small catering job for 75.
6 Butts, 2 - 13 lb. Briskets, 50 Chicken Thighs, 30 Hot Dogs, 1 whole Salmon and 50 ABT's.
The smoke she will be a rollin' out of the Ol' Lang!!!!!!
Beers for me (when everything is ABOUT done) and a big box full of fireworks.
Ain't taking nothing else. I smoke the meat, they serve it themselves and take anything else they want. Throw the meat to em' and leave at 3 to come home and PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!
ed

Two butt's, two briskets and three whole chickens! That will be a good day or so of cooking.

Ribs....Lots and lots of ribs. I bought a case of ribs at Restuarant Depot and I am gonna smoke them all. I will have farking ribs coming out my ears.:cool: :biggrin:

Jimmy Buffet concert tomorrow down at the beach, so tailgate party going on there.

Sunday off to a friends, so letting THEM COOK....

Monday is my day to do some practice runs for Grill kings.. chicken and ribs, and doing a brisket or 2 for a friend.. and ME..

tommykendall said:

That depends on how big your meat is... Figure about a month per pound and you'll be OK.

I have two briskets I'm going to cook, but I don't know which day yet. Weather forecast is for thunderstorms every evening until Tuesday, so I may wait until then.

Butts; lots om 'em. Veritable butt hoarding. $0.97/lb

Butts, chicken, steaks (on the grill, of course), home made sausage - maybe.

Happy fourth, ya'all!

doin a butt and a rack of spares in the big smoker for me and the fiance, I did find me a brisket for 79cents a pound, regularly 1.28 a pound but walmart matched united. gonna do some ABTs and some roasted corn as well. will freeze the brisket for another day unless i got froggy and cook it tomorrow. but it way to much for just me and her. anyone got a foodsaver they wanna send me ?

Well, starting Sunday I'm cooking for the CBJ school in Lake Placid. I've already cooked 4 briskets and 6 butts. Tonight I'm cooking 24 slabs ribs and 4 more very small flats.

Sunday is reheating and chicken day, 20 breasts, 30 legs and 90 thighs. I have a ton of help to do the 108 boxes.

On Monday I'm cooking 50 slabs ribs for the kids Q and then giving a cooking demonstration in the evening.

Then the easy part, a KCBS contest. Next weekend Asbury

I am doing a 10lb brisket, 2lb fatty, and a pot of beans tomorrow. I am off the weekend, work Monday, and off Tuesday, so no long weekend for me.

4 days. Gonna mow the lawn tonight. Then tomorrow morning I need to burn a 2 year old brush pile before the kids figure out it's there and want to have a party. Chores done. The sky's the limit. Let the experiments begin. Definately several versions of eggs. Probably a few shots at beans. Maybe go wild and grill some veggies and fruit. Annual family reunion at Brother Dave's on Tuesday. I just love long weekends.

Just stopped by Sam's to check prices, they had ribs $1.93/lb by the case. I think that's 3 or 4 cryo's of 3 racks each. So, I'm thinkin' I'll pick up a case on sunday and prep for smokin' on Mon. I'll just load up the BSKD with ribs I can hardly wait :mrgreen: May try a pot of beans too. Mmm getting hungry already.:cool:

I hope the weather holds up wherever everyone is and you all have a great cooking weekend...

Sean and I are doing our last practice run for Grill Kings... We're gonna try to put everything together just like the contest...It's gonna be a full two day cook in the backyard (Sat afternoon until Sunday afternoon). Everything we need will be outdoors, only going inside for the bathroom...

Finished shopping today

For KCBS event
2 CAB briskets (11.5 - 12 lb. each)
2 bone in butts ( 8 lb each)
6 racks of baby backs
24 chicken legs

For Grilling Event
12 pork chops
36 chicken wings
all ingredients for the homemade sauce

Leftovers (which will be 95% of what we cook) will be used for July 3 and 4th...

I've been invited with the family for a pig roast in the Adirondacks this weekend....going whole hog! I am a back seat consulting Que'r... Pickin an a grinnin.. I have 2 pork butts and some baby backs for the 4th- Primal Meat Smokers will be trying some new recipies and probably cooking a whole lot more... To all have a great weekend and a wonderful 4Th of July!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I will be cooking a pork shoulder and two racks of spares today.

Back