BIG Roaster Build - All Stainless Steel 304

Pigdude

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After talking about this for a year with my friend, we finally got to it. And so the build begins. The biggest challenge was the counter weight. The whole roaster weights 2,500+ lbs, 600 of which is the lid alone. The grill is 6' by 4', big enough to cook about 500 lbs. of pig or 100 hamburgers at a time! There are two layers of 304 stainless steel with 2" of commercial grade wool insulation in between. The arm that you see in the later pictures is a hoist system which will allow for 1 man to attach a cable harness to the grill with the pig on it. The grill can then be cranked high enough to be swung into the roaster. Each drawer seen is 1' wide by 3' long. These 6 drawers will allow us to monitor charcoal consumption with ease. There are 4 intake vents along the back and 2 on each end. We still have a few finishing touches to make in the next few weeks before it smells like pig. Once complete, we will order a custom steel trailer to weld it onto. I will post final pictures then. I hope you enjoy the pictures.IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

photo (26).JPG

photo (27).JPG

Wow that's a killer rig! Are you building that for comps or catering? Or just because you can? Let's try to stuff a whole steer into that gargantuan!

That is incredible. I don't know that I would ever need to roast an elephant, but if I did...

Seriously, impressive!

Let me know when y'all are done and I'll give you my address for delivery. :thumb: Or should I come pick it up? :noidea:

I 2nd the wow comments above. Besides that being a huge cooker that is a very spacious garage to hold that beast along with being to work in there.

Have you calculated the chicken wing capacity yet? Moinks? ABT's ? I am sure I can't count that high! Serious cooker, great workmanship.

Back