Got another t-shirt in Portland, ME

Allnight03

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I do a little traveling for work sometimes and one of the benefits is trying bbq in different parts of the country (mainly east coast and some Texas). If the que is decent and the people are nice, I try to buy a shirt. Well I am leaving Portland, ME with a new bbq shirt. Buck Naked BBQ was one of my better barbecue experiences. At first, I was overwhelmed by the menu. It is loaded and I wasn't sure how much attention was actually paid to the que. Started with an appetizer of burnt ends. They came out looking like dried pork chops, but when I bit in, these chops were cutlets from the point with perfectly rendered fat and great beef flavor. I have never seen burnt ends prepared this way. From this, I went ahead and ordered The Bucket which included sliced brisket, pulled pork, st. louis spare ribs, chicken hind quarter, and sausage - plus two sides and cornbread. The ribs, pork, brisket, and chicken was very good. The sausage was different, but not bad at all. I asked the waitress about the pit and was invited back to see there Ole' Hickory rotissere smoker fueled by propane, but also burnt wood. Very nice people and great bbq experience. The only bad things was I could only finish one 22 oz PBR after all that food! I would definitely go back.

I've only eaten at Buck's once, and that was a brisket sandwich at lunch time. I remember it being good, but I rarely go out for BBQ.
I'm glad that you had a good experience. I hear a lot of positive feedback about Buck's.

Yea the other option was salvage barbecue, but bucks was more convenient for walking.

Back