Looking to buy a smoker

F

falty

I am looking to buy a Meadow Creek Smoker Model number SQ36 dose anyone know if this is a good smoker or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a great reputation, don't remember ever hearing a bad word about one.

I have the PR42 and almost got the SQ36 which is offset version of the PR36...the only reason I did not is I do a whole hog every year at least once...maybe twice..and while usually in the 50# range...that is on the upper limit of the PR36 and was not sure if it would fit in the SQ36 without removing head and feet...so went with PR42 and never looked back.

Everything I have seen personally the SQ36 is a great offset.....and a good entry level way to get into a solidly built offset without moving into their larger offsets.

The Meadow Creek guys in PA use very good construction, heavy steel, and great customer service. I dont think you will be disappointed. Just think about what you will cook 90% of the time and then go up 25% in volume per cook as you will find yourself cooking more and more with increasingly larger dinner guests once the word gets out. Trust me...hahaha I can do a 100# hog in my PR42 but am maxed out on 6 racks of ribs or 4 pork shoulders until I buy the extra 2nd Tier stainless grate. :) :)

Good luck...

Back