Smoke Fried Wings

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Saturday at our Matt Returns Thanksgiving I smoked up some wings with the MOINK Balls. Since there were so many other things to eat I decided to save the wings and serve them at a later time.

I pulled them out of the refrigerator tonight and made a meal out of them. Here they are coming up to room temperature.

Smoke-Fried-Wings.jpg

Gave them a little dunk in some milk and a light dusting of flour:
Smoke-Fried-Wings2.jpg

Tossed them in the Masterbuilt Indoor Turkey Fryer and fried those babies up:
Smoke-Fried-Wings3.jpg

After they came out of the fryer I tossed them in the new Sweet Baby Ray's Original Dipping Sauce and got ready to eat them:
Smoke-Fried-Wings4.jpg

Smoke-Fried-Wings5.jpg

The sauce is awesome. It's got a mild horseradish flavor that completed the Simply Marvelous Season All I used on them and the avocado wood smoke.

I had heard rumors that deep fried smoked wings existed, now I see proof. Nice.

I just got home from work after having a really crappy ham sandwich about a jillion hours ago and the first message I see is this wing thing?! I bit a chunk out of my monitor.

good looking wings, ive done the same thing with babyback ribs after smoking them for four hours, lightly dusting them with my special mix and deep frying for about 45 seconds at 375 degrees. the best of both worlds.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 208
Looks good, I have considered something like that but have not went for it just yet.

The wings look good Larry but I have to admit BBQBubba's armadillo looks a hell of a lot better.:biggrin: Hey Steve, did you get to take that picture!:wink:

My favorite way to do wings! I like to smoke them for about two hours and then drop in the deep frier for about a minute to crisp up the skin. Never thought about the flour though. I'll have to give that a shot.

good looking wings, ive done the same thing with babyback ribs after smoking them for four hours, lightly dusting them with my special mix and deep frying for about 45 seconds at 375 degrees. the best of both worlds.
I'll be trying this soon thanks

The sauce is awesome. It's got a mild horseradish flavor that completed the Simply Marvelous Season All I used on them and the avocado wood smoke.[/QUOTE]

Larry, whats your take on avocado wood?

I lOVE WINGS!!!

The avocado wood is hard. It burns pretty slow and has a flavor that works well with chicken and pork. It's somewhat like a strong fruit wood.

Back