• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Angus Brisket

"Angus" or "Certified Angus Beef" as in C.A.B. ?
There is a difference. CAB requires a certification process and is supposedly a superior product. Just stating angus on the label doesn't mean a whole lot. Many marketers do that and the public is none the wiser.

Might be worth it then. CAB has some pretty stringent requirements. I'll see if I can find it again and post a link.

If you can buy CAB for 1.49 lb..jump on it and quick....CAB in the Fort Worth Area is 2.09 per lb as of last week. Buy 3 - 4 if you can afford it. I've cooked CAB and prefer it over over any other grade. Just tastes a lot better to me...more savory...Just my .02

Picked up 3 briskets, 36.6 lbs worth for $1.50 yesterday. I am cooking this weekend for my brothers birthday next weekend. Doing 3 butts tonight with pecan and guava. I will do the 3 briskets tomorrow and then I have a bunch of ribs to do Sunday.

As a recap, I cooked the 3 briskets on Saturday, the 14th. They were coolered for 10 hours, put in the frig for several hours and then wrapped in plastic, foiled and threw in the freezer. 1 was a gift to my brother, 1 was heated at the party(the 21st) and 3rd was cut into sections and given to several other family members.

The brisket at the party disappeared quickly which was amazing since there was a TON of other foods to serve 45 people.

They came out great, I will definitely try to cook these from now on. Just a little difficult to get by there since the place is only open 9-4:30 M-F.

I got almost a 1/2 inch smoke ring on these.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Wondering if CAB is worth the investment at contests?

Paul Kirk uses and recommends CAB for competition. He ages his beef three weeks in the cryo in his fridge before the event (or at least that's what he says he does).

He was using CAB when he cooked at the BBQ Block Party two years ago.

Back