Big Ol' Ribeye

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just been handed a big ol limp of ribeye, I suggested slicing it into steaks then cooking at high heat but the other half wants to drop the whole thing on there and carve later..

What say you brothers and sisters?

( I sliced myself three steaks off of it for later use. )

Cook it! Don't tell whoever about cutting off those steaks for later.

Steaks. While the roast is amazingly good, it's a one time thing. It's nice to enjoy steaks again later. Just my opinion. If you have a special event coming up where youo need to feed some folks, the roast would be good for that.

Steaks for me too, but you ain't got to live with me. I'd go the route your going and get as many steaks off that you can, leaving a nice roast for that special person that you do have to live with:wink:

I say you're on the right path - BOTH!! You got some steaks stashed away for later, so do up that roast. I love the charred boarder an pink center you get on a roast almost, if not as much as I love a good med-rare, well seared steak....

Although a rib roast is really good, I have to vote for steaks, too. Ribeye steaks are my absolute favorite steak.

Ribeyes are overrated. Good prime rib roast cooked with Poob's mthod is the chiznet. Look in the recipes for poobs rib roast. You'll never eat a ribeye steak again.

Thanks for the direction, the roast is in and my steaks are on stand by for some medium rare deliciosness.

I just wana know who is handing out the big ol lump of ribeys!!!!!!!!
A friend came over and wanted two butts and a boneless leg of lamb smoked for Sunday dinner so I got it in trade for services plus two bags of lump and a selection of seasonings.

Should I bring something with me?:becky:

I'd go for both too like Ronelle.

Come on sown Phu the lamb is finished and I found a steak in the freezer. Forgot I defrosted some nice pork chops so they must be cooked also. :)

Get in there!!!!!!!!!!

2rpcpap.jpg

When it's done we crack this baby open. :D

1zv60w0.jpg

I got the day off tomorrow...just saying.

I'm here all week. :D
Actually I have an interview in the morning but I'll be dammed if I don't celebrate my boy getting better with a nice family sit down dinner.

His last blood results came back very good and they have further decreased his medication. last week he spent three full days in school and is about to start phosio therapy.

Sunday is a good day.

Back