Food safety:Food borne illness, What Consumers Need to Know

The reason I've posted most of this is informational: Too many people get sick from food borne illness in this country.

Just be careful - keep cold stuff cold, hot stuff hot, and cook till done (done is relative to the meat!). Use common sense and work clean - especially with raw poultry - salmonella is not fun at all!

I've spent my own money to get trained and certified - so I can work in the food business, run my own place, and get insured.

Feel free to disagree - but when you puke your guts out and wish a commode was strapped to your butt remember that food safety is just makes sense.

I was food poisoned last December at a very posh buffet - the Hospice Holiday party - at a well known place - I got off lightly and didn't have to go to the ER - but I did miss three days work.

So, I'm not trying to be an alarmist but do want everyone to have a safe, fun, and tasty Thanksgiving and Christmas/holiday season. :D

Number one cause for food borne illness according to the state of Washington is not washing your hands or changing gloves often enough.

Yep, good old cross contamination and/or staph from your skin! :D

I was food poisoned last December at a very posh buffet - the Hospice Holiday party - at a well known place - I got off lightly and didn't have to go to the ER - but I did miss three days work.

Yep, been there.........Chinese buffet........14 ended up in the hospital, 17 total cases, I toughed it out at home, but was begging the wife to take me until I started getting rid of it (you know what I mean).

Me no likey Chinese food no mo'................

Yep'per - that Christmas party put 162 people (reported) on the sick list and about 30 in the hospital - that's not counting people that didn't bother to report it!

Yep, been there.........Chinese buffet........
Is that what you had a couple weeks ago?

I got the FP mod from an under cooked tenderloin once, took one bite and thought better of it, like a dummy I ate it anyway. Never again, if it don't look right I ain't eatin' it!

kcquer said:
Yep, been there.........Chinese buffet........
Is that what you had a couple weeks ago?

I got the FP mod from an under cooked tenderloin once, took one bite and thought better of it, like a dummy I ate it anyway. Never again, if it don't look right I ain't eatin' it!

Nope, that was a bug going around at work.....in fact still is.......

The Chinese episode was last January........

Back