Finally got to fire up my outdoor brick pit/fireplace

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our brick fireplace/pit has been built for a while i just had not got around to building my fire grate or cooking grate....With cool nights coming i decided it was time.... I decided to build the cooking grate with core 10 woven wire with longevity in mind.... I grew up cooking on a pit just like this with my dad.....
I am sure i will build a couple more grates and add a removable rotisserie along
with a couple more items.....

building the fire grate

Q46gysB.jpg

seasoning the grate

1oupsf5.jpg

thru on a little grub

VchFoLz.jpg

relaxing by the fire

oNDk9g0.jpg

food must have been ok because this is what i had at the refinery the next day..... no complaints tho..... i actually went and left my luch at home..... my back up plan was fine with me tho..... Gotta always have a ace in the hole

rNOACU5l.jpg

That looks great Paul! I wondered if you got the brick pit finished.
Your Dad would be proud of ya. I'm sure he's smiling down, wishing he could cook a meal or two on that masterpiece! :grin:

That looks fantastic
nearly every backyard here had similiar once,great way to BBQ

Very nice Paul!

Super nice. We’ve talked about building something similar but I just don’t have the masonry skills. Guess I’ll need to hire some help.

How did you pick the grate height? Any consideration for building 2-3 heights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's Mighty Fine Paul. As to your Ace in the hole, try their chicken, Great on saltines.

Nice build. That's going to provide good times for a very long time.

You certainly have something there that is multi-functional in that not only will it provide a great tasting meal, but also hours of relaxation just sitting and watching the flames. Nice job!!

Back