MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #196
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Damn Charles sorry to hear that! Rest up and get well bud!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #197
LloydQ
is One Chatty Farker

Damn, Frog, that is a tough break.
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #198
LYU370
Babbling Farker

Bummer, was hoping to see you again. Get well brother.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Saber 500 Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us and enter to win great prizes! It's a BLAST!
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #199
BuffettFan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

Sorry to hear that news!
Prayers for a quick and simple diagnosis!

Old 10-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #200
campdude
Babbling Farker

Take it easy, Charles. ER for the day is never fun. Hope you get it figured out.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 PM   #201
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Glad you're taking care of yourself and that sako was there to get you to the ER. Gonna miss you brother!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Post! (Link)
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2019, 11:58 PM   #202
SmittyJonz

Who Called Peeps?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:59 PM   #203
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Who Called Peeps?
Is he coming tomorrow?

Old 10-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #204
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
Kinda a funny story. At 1000 I had a li'l syncope spell (fainting) inside Franklin's and went to ground while trying to pull a chair out. Didn't hit my head or pass out our have a seizure but since I paid there a few minutes they called 911. EMS checked me out and vitals and EKG so I passed on an ambulance ride. After lunch and touring pit area and meeting Aaron (will let Sako post the pics) I started having chest pains (which I might have ignored because not that bad and no other symptoms EXCEPT that syncope spell earlier so made a quick trip to the ER which was four minutes away).

So spent the afternoon getting a workup to heart attack, stroke, tumors, etc and everything was negative. Pretty sure that was not had planned on spending the day.

Good news: everything came back negative.

Bad news: not sure what that caused that so more tests in my future

Worst news: my daughter and her boyfriend are in route to drive me back home and I'll have to mess the bash.

Y'all take good care of Sako the next couple of days and find him things that are more fun than hanging out in ER waiting areas. He's a great guy and I really appreciate all he did today.
Aww Man. That Sucks - You're one of the OG TX Bashers.........Glad Sako was with you.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #205
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Is he coming tomorrow?

I Dunno - I'm asking did anybody call Him? I don't have his # anymore.......

Old 10-26-2019, 12:18 AM   #206
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Great times Smitty! Some pics. Frognot will chime in also.
I've never been to Any of The "Famous" BBQ Joints - except the N TX Bash's and My Driveway.......

Old 10-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #207
pjtexas1

Bark is set HARD at 160! I'm tired, putting the brisket in a foil wrapped pan and taking a nap for a couple hours. Never cooked one wrapped in a pan but what better time to experiment than when serving food to some of the best cooks you'll ever meet... is this what it feels like to be JasonTQ?[emoji2962]

Had a great time with Mike, Richard and Jay. We had a late snack of ABT's and steak. Jay cooked up some really nice steaks for us. No pics...too busy eating. [emoji853]

Old 10-26-2019, 02:49 AM   #208
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
Kinda a funny story. At 1000 I had a li'l syncope spell (fainting) inside Franklin's and went to ground while trying to pull a chair out. Didn't hit my head or pass out our have a seizure but since I paid there a few minutes they called 911. EMS checked me out and vitals and EKG so I passed on an ambulance ride. After lunch and touring pit area and meeting Aaron (will let Sako post the pics) I started having chest pains (which I might have ignored because not that bad and no other symptoms EXCEPT that syncope spell earlier so made a quick trip to the ER which was four minutes away).

So spent the afternoon getting a workup to heart attack, stroke, tumors, etc and everything was negative. Pretty sure that was not had planned on spending the day.

Good news: everything came back negative.

Bad news: not sure what that caused that so more tests in my future

Worst news: my daughter and her boyfriend are in route to drive me back home and I'll have to mess the bash.

Y'all take good care of Sako the next couple of days and find him things that are more fun than hanging out in ER waiting areas. He's a great guy and I really appreciate all he did today.
Hate to miss seeing you, but mostly glad you are OK.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #209
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Thanks for all the good wishes. Had a pretty good night's sleep and although I feel up for bashing my designated driver has a five year old's birthday party to attend this afternoon so will be heading home soon. Gonna give the cap I bought at Franklin's to my daughter's boyfriend for driving down so guess will have to go back there. The brisket is definitely one of my top two (want to side to side it with Louie Mueller's, which is where Aaron and many other great cooks have started out). Might take my great neice who's a nurse and a defibrillator with me next time however.

Looks like a perfect Fall day for a bash and I gave Sako something to share with y'all. I told my coworker Kevin and great nephew Jake to stop and I know y'all will treat em right.

Y'know, this aging thing sucks sometimes.

gtr's Big Pig Roast in SoCal 9-1-2019 (link)

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #210
SmittyJonz

Headed Out.....