• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
4509994706_d29be8f63c_o.jpg

Burger

A classic twist on a classic burger. THE NEW STUFFED BACON AND CHEDDAR BURGER. All I want is more votes than GrillVuzzo :becky: he is my husband. I have never made a burger in my whole life and I don't want to brag but I think my first burger EVER is pretty good. First I split the patties, then put vermont sharp cheddar and bacon between the two, the put them together. Worrying there would be a blow out in the grill I covered them with a thick coating of breading (flour, egg, breadcrumbs). I then browned the stuffed and breaded patty in bacon grease, because everything I see on here wins if it has bacon grease added, for obvious reasons. When it was ready to eat I put it on a great bun with spicy ranch and mayo, accompanied with grilled onions, lettuce and tomato. Again, nothing to crazy just a classic twist on a classic bacon and cheddar burger.

I do though want to thank my husband its only through watching him grill the last year that I even had this idea, which is obviously better than his. Love you honey.

Attachments

• 100_1534.jpg
    100_1534.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 100_1538.jpg
    100_1538.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 409
  • 100_1539.jpg
    100_1539.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 412
  • 100_1542.jpg
    100_1542.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 413
  • Beck Burger.jpg
    Beck Burger.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_1549.jpg
    100_1549.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_1551.jpg
    100_1551.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 409
Wow, competition in the house:p. This is shaping up to be a great throwdown.

Bo's Entry

There is a thread called " A little burger and hot dog for dinner" that details the making of this Bad Boy:clap2:. Chris, I am gonna let you select the "money shot" out of these two. Whatever you decide is fine, cus then if I don't win I can always blame you:boxing:. Good Luck to all, I am sure this is going to be a killer competition.:thumb:

Attachments

• Hmbrgr H-Dogs 012.jpg
    Hmbrgr H-Dogs 012.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 401
  • Hmbrgr H-Dogs 013.jpg
    Hmbrgr H-Dogs 013.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 395
Yup, now I'm just plain famished after seeing these!

Curt, that is one cool photo layout you picked. I really like the way it shows each layer of food. That is something I have struggled with in this category, trying to decide if I take the picture with the assembled burger, or leave the bun open to showcase the ingredients more. Your layout has the whole thing right there.:cool:

SheVuzzo, I was going to ask if that burger was actually grilled instead of pan-fried, but I see in photo #5 that it is cooking on a grill.:cool:

And Bo....DAYUM, all I can say is....DAYUM!

A classic twist on a classic burger. THE NEW STUFFED BACON AND CHEDDAR BURGER. All I want is more votes than GrillVuzzo :becky: he is my husband. I have never made a burger in my whole life and I don't want to brag but I think my first burger EVER is pretty good.

I do though want to thank my husband its only through watching him grill the last year that I even had this idea, which is obviously better than his. Love you honey.

Congratulations on getting in the game!

Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't matter if you win or lose...., just as long as you get more votes than your husband :wink: [I've managed this on several occasions myself...very satisfying]. And then there's always dinner to look forward to.

Your first-ever-burger looks incredible. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Congratulations on getting in the game!

Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't matter if you win or lose...., just as long as you get more votes than your husband :wink: [I've managed this on several occasions myself...very satisfying]. And then there's always dinner to look forward to.

...:doh:

First crack at a throwdown and being as I had the day off i got ambitious about making some killer burgers. Started with a 7oz beef patty that i cooked "finney" style. I found some leftover sausage meat in the fridge so i had a plan... I rolled it out real thin then topped it with a woven layer of bacon, i called it the fatty patty! I put some stilton cheese between the beef and the fatty. Put some chipotle mayo on the bun aswell. I even made the buns fresh today! One of the best burgers ive made in a long time.

4516064954_59fa67860b_b.jpg

4516067364_77ffda7355_b.jpg

4515432749_dded796084_b.jpg

My wife decided to try something new on this one. She came up with chicken cordon bleu burgers. She used ground chicken for the patties and stuffed them with a smearing of dijon mustard, black forest ham and swiss cheese. They turned out really tasty.

Last edited:
nice job Vuzzo! I love great lakes...had an "Edmund Fitzgerald" earlier. how ya gonna get your mouth around that burger? looks awesome!

remind me how many days are left on this one? Wow everything looks menu worthy!!

p.s. all my photos are enhanced with the 'make delicious' filter in photoshop :becky:

Rick, you're the last person who needs that filter ... send it to me! :becky:

Personally, I like the middle one with the top bread slice being concave rather than the one on the bottom that is convex (silly reason I know), but I am not going to say anything :tape:

Rick, you're the last person who needs that filter ... send it to me! :becky:

Personally, I like the middle one with the top bread slice being concave rather than the one on the bottom that is convex (silly reason I know), but I am not going to say anything :tape:

concave bread is the best!

oh, i wasn't entering, i was just making some dinner :bored:
i kinda like the pit shot

Back