Contest Announcment Super Saturday Smoke Out - September 6, 2014 - Gilman, IL

ITBFQ

is Blowin Smoke!
We're back for a second year! Last year we had 9 teams participate, and we are hoping to bump that number up this year. Gilman, IL is my home town, and has been home to most of my family for several generations. All proceeds from the competition will go to benefit the Gilman Volunteer Fire Department - my dad has been a member for ages, and my grandfather and great grandfather both served as fire chief. Since I live in Oswego, I am unable to volunteer to be a fireman, so this is my way of contributing. The rib cook off will happen alongside a car show, motorcycle show, tractor show and old timey tractor demonstrations - fun for the whole family!

The competition is Saturday, September 6. The entry fee is $35 before August 1, $40 after that. Prizes are, at minimum, 1st place $100, 2nd place $50, and 3rd place $25. Not a huge pile of cash, but all profits will benefit the fire department.

Check out our facebook page for registration information. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

A huge thanks to the brethren that came and supported the competition last year. We're hoping to see you there again! Thanks for reading!

One final plee for any brethren that are thinking about making the drive. Pros, amateurs, whatever are all welcome!

Back