MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Pan Seared Lolly Pops - Cookin' In The Kitchen

Occasionally we love to pan fry steaks and burgers in the cast iron skillet so why not lamb chops? We had two racks, four bones each, which I cut into lolly pops. About an inch thick or a little less. Dusted them with coursly ground black pepper and celery salt and let season in the fridge over night. Then gave them a spritz of key lime juice (I love the tartness of key limes) and into a screaming hot skillet lightly greased with olive oil figuring the chops would render the fat quickly (Which they did - wound up with 1/4" oil in the pan when finished). It was suggested by our Aussie friend Titch to sear and finish in the oven, but these cooked so quickly I decided to finish in the pan anyway. Took about three minutes per side. We also microwaved some baby Yukon gold taters generously rubbed with Keith's Farms Butter and Garlic rub, with a little butter in the dish too. Meanwhile Redhot cubed some yellow squash and zuchinni and steamed those with a chopped onion and some herbs. They were AWESOME. Here's some pics:

Ready to go

In the pan

You can see the rendered fat in round two

Flipped

The taters - microwaves are a pretty good cooker sometimes

Redhot's plate

And mine

MONEY SHOT!

We will be doing this again next time we're lazy. Will be trying the sear and oven finish tip too. Thanks for the advice Titch! Thanks for looking!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Def beautiful!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Phubar

Damn...you were über lazy!

Nice meal my Phriend...Photo's look good!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Damn...you were über lazy!
Ja. Naturlich. Und?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Nice Chops!!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Looks like a Perfect Meal to Me !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Damn fine looking meal. It's really amazing what CI can accomplish if you aren't afraid of getting it hot.

PS: My vent hood is volume challenged so I usually turn of my smoke alarms & open the doors/windows when doing this kind of cook.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
big brother smoke

Nice groceries, bro!