MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
big blue bbq
Take a breath!

Default Absolute Mojo Bbq

Met some great people from Absolute Mojo BBQ tonight in Vegas. They were selling recycled wood for BBQ. Has anyone tried it yet?

WSM 22.5"
WSM 18"
Traeger 075
Weber one touch gold (blue of course!)
Jack's old south cooker:-P
big blue bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Paulie G.
is one Smokin' Farker

Recycled wood? Be careful that none of that wood was treated in any way. Personally, I dodn't like the sound of it.
Klose custom 28'x7' Golf Pro Classic mobile pit.
Paulie G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
bingo1912
Take a breath!

Hi Big Blue
That wood is awesome! it is collected from furniture companies after it has been kiln dried and before it is finished. Ground and compressed into bricks using no glues. It is long burning with a very good smoke flavor. I have used it for several cooks now and I love it. Big Mista also uses "Mojo Bricks" with good results. Peter is a great guy and is new to the BBQ scene.
For more info you can go to Mojobricks.com

Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Is this collected before or after it is sprayed before it goes into the kiln? I have heard that even kiln dried wood is treated with pesticide and repellants to keep bugs away before it is finished.
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Lots of info in this thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ht=mojo+bricks
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
Is this collected before or after it is sprayed before it goes into the kiln? I have heard that even kiln dried wood is treated with pesticide and repellants to keep bugs away before it is finished.
Where did you "hear" that? Do grilling pellets go thru the same process? First the wood used for the unsuspecting american BBQ pellet grill enthusiast is sprayed with insecticides and then its made into pellets and sold into the market????

Making Mojobricks, its the same process as wood pellets used for cooking except we arent blending wood - its a pure Cherry or Pure Oak or Pure Maple "Mojobricks."

Its not for every one. Its a simple product that produces results that folks enjoy. Smoke ring, sweet clean burn, blue smoke, steady temps, lasts longer and is a high quality product every time. Recycled doesnt have to mean its useless or dirty. Recycled simply means finding a way to clean up the environment we live in while improving the air we breathe. My Mojobricks wood reduces the amount of tiny particles that you breathe in every time you are around a wood burning fire. Tiny particles called Particulate matter or PM10 ( in the state of California) is known to cause cancer and Mojobricks cuts those particles 35% up to in half. So the answer is NO our wood is NEVER treated, there is NEVER any reason to think it is. ITS A PURE HIGH QUALITY WOOD FIBER sold to the public with the intention of making your life easier and better.