temp gauge

A

Austin

im thinking of changiny the temp gauge on my smoker,,what do you guys reccommend,brand wise

klose gauges are dead accurate, but pricey at 40-50 bucks. They are on a few of my pits. Find them at bbqpits.com.

I have also had good luck with brinkman gauges. Get them at WallyWorld from about 25 bucks.

Also, from what I hear here from others members who use them, Spicewine ironworks also has some nice gauges. Spicewine is a member of our group. I'm not sure of pricing so use the PM feature and send a note to member "spicewine" for info on his stuff, or go to spicewineironworks.com

PS... hey Austin.... u tipe like me. :) We gotta stick together.

Just picked up one from Spice from his internet site -- found out later he offers a $2 dollar discount to Brethern

Haven't used the gauge yet -- but boiling water test was right on -- actually more accurate than my Polder.

Mule

Got a couple gauges from Spice just last week. Checked them at work in an ISO calibrated oven and they were right on. Big numbers with color coding too. Good for my bad vision. Jay is a nice guy to deal with. Just my $.02.

I have the Glo-in the dark gauges from Klose. I really like 'em. They work like crazy at night. Check out some 5" gauges, they're really nice to look at. Saw a couple at the Surf & Turf contest, they are much easier to read than a 3".

I had no luck with the NB gauge, so I bought the brinkman one from Wallyworld. Works pretty well. Will get a spicewine one when this one shoots craps.

After getting the Nu Temp remote thermometers, I have only used the door gauge for reference. There is a link to the Nu Temp site in the links section, and if you are going to spend any money, this would be the way to go.

Back