• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Where is our OK contingent hiding? :wink: Anything north of 380 is OK according to folks in Dallas, so...

Where's all the Hot Chick Brethren that should be RSVPing? :shock:
Heck even the not so hots? DivaQ oughta BBQ Crawl down and learn us a thing or two. :wink:

Not a bad idea..... I think Ill ask the boss. If she says yes, who all is up for meeting at one of the LCRA Parks such as Muleshoe or Grelle or the like?
Depending on timing, I could probably work it into a family visit down in Austin.

Post up a new thread once the boss gives you permission and see how much interest you draw...

Hey, it's no problem at all....glad to help out!

Can't wait for this and will probably have the FIL in tow, as well.

Does he have a Signed Permission Slip from the the Wardeness.........?

Does he have a Signed Permission Slip from the the Wardeness.........?
Hmmmm...no easy way to convey this, Smitty....

The reason I wasn't on the forum much a couple weeks ago is that on Jan 3rd, she lost her battle to cancer so we have been helping him get through his devastating loss and helping him get his affairs in order. While death was something he knew may happen, it was sort of unexpected as she suffered a fatal heart attack due to a weakened heart from chemo instead of the "normal" slow decline.

The invitation to the bash is one way to get him active again after spending the last several years (pre- and during her cancer) tied up with a probate trial from her dad's death and being caretaker while she was sick.

Not trying to throw you under the bus or anything like that, Smitty, just putting it out there so folks know.

He is looking forward to getting back to smoking and hopefully we can get his smoke daddy installed on his electric soon and see how it performs.

Not that you ever need a good reason for a Bash, but, that is a fine reason Peeps. I hope he can get there and take a little mental break. Smoke and good company is always a good thing.

Thanks, guys!

OK, back to exciting bash talk....

I went out on a limb and contacted some of our Brethren vendors. I have heard back from a couple and still waiting to hear from some others, but the following fine vendors thus far have agreed to send me some donations to give away at the bash as door prizes. We can do a little drawing for the folks that show and some folks will get to take home some goodies!

All Things BBQ - joshcary
Stark Boards - Stark-O-Rama

Thanks, guys!

OK, back to exciting bash talk....

I went out on a limb and contacted some of our Brethren vendors. I have heard back from a couple and still waiting to hear from some others, but the following fine vendors thus far have agreed to send me some donations to give away at the bash as door prizes. We can do a little drawing for the folks that show and some folks will get to take home some goodies!

All Things BBQ - joshcary
Stark Boards - Stark-O-Rama

Sweet!

Peeps, I didn't know about any of that. :doh:

I hope he comes and has a Good Time. :thumb:

I'll bring the Cabo again :wink:

I guess that means I need to finish the previous bottle. It didn't help that I had 2 open bottles of tequila when I got it back home and had a trip to Mexico that resulted in yet another open bottle :wink:

peeps, how about me & Totally Basted bringing the Cabo this time?

Ted & Barney are also throwing in some door prizes!

1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin).
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot)
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz
6. Totally Basted

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Still working on more!

For those interested in camping, park information is found at the link below. Again, we will be at the Isle du Bois Unit, Pavilion #1 near the boat ramp. Deer Ridge Area (sites w/ water/electric) and the Wild Plum area (no water/electric - water nearby only).

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/ray-roberts-lake

OK Peeps. You still haven't come up with anything yet? I noticed no one is bringing smoked sausages. You can't have a real Texas Barbeque without Texas smoked sausages, can you?

Back