Weekend cook flashback, Pron!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It was my oldest daughter's birthday this last weekend so the wife decided we should have a cookout. Not allowing myself to get to excited I calmly asked what we should make. She replied with, "Ya know, hot dogs (lame), burgers (better), brats (Yes!), and how about some ribs (OH HELL YES!)." Trying not to jump up and down with excitement I agreed it was a good idea and I'd run to the store and start thawing out any meat we had on hand and would need.
Of course, this whole time I was thinking about all the extra stuff I could slip in while I was at it and decided to do a couple of throwdown entries, a fatty, and some Scotch Eggs while I was at it.
Here are some pics from the big Sunday B-day Party Cookout.

First thought was to try out some lump charcoals that I hadn't gotten to try out yet.
0418100906.jpg

I threw the Frontier and the RO Steak House in the UDSs and the RO natural into the big cooker. Here is a shot of the RO natural in the big cooker's tray.
0418100908.jpg

The ribs had thawed out most of the way by Saturday so I chopped them up that night. And then seasoned them up right away Sunday morning.
0418100939.jpg

Once everything was heated up I threw the ribs on the big cooker because I like doing a high heat cook on my ribs.
0418100944.jpg

After cooking the ribs for a couple of hours, they got moved to the upper deck and out came the brats, burgers, and hot dogs. (The other stuff mentioned above was cooking away on UDSs and has been shown in other threads.)
0418101152a.jpg

When it was almost done, ribs on top and everything else below. Ribs cooked for a total of 3 and 1/2 hours.
0418101213.jpg

Unfortunately there is no post cooker pics but, I did manage to snag a family photo when all was said and done. :becky:
0418101459.jpg

As a side note, I'm still eating leftovers. :thumb:

Back