"Food Truck" Saaa-Sidge...

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear there's a throwdown going on... Do a bit of bragging and enter YOUR cook to win some valuable prizes! There is a highly coveted certificate you can win that is suitable for framing, along with other goodies that change every quarter. Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!

v8NpWBu.jpg

A good Polish needs some grilled onions...On they go...

G8Rv3iF.jpg

C2hYfCL.jpg

tTjgIMq.jpg

BhVuzF8.jpg

x1cMln9.jpg

rNz3DLB.jpg

On to the Big Joe...

k4SZpqd.jpg

ttzKVzq.jpg

pnQvinc.jpg

Bastards at the food truck charged me $25. And all they had was crappy beer... I probably could have made this for about 4 bucks. Oh wait... I did. :biggrin1:

YzLeQSd.jpg

One with some sport peppers & one with curds. You know they're fresh if they squeak when you bite into them.

Olizttd.jpg

That hit the spot...

bKaNGCa.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
never seen curds sold like that

In the Midwest US & Canadia you can get them sold in packages like this. Most restaurants will only have them breaded & deep fried.

My son was at Road America up in Wisconsin last weekend and stopped at the Brat Stop on the way back to pick some up along with some fresh brats. It's a restaurant and they have a deli/store attached. And if you're in the area, make sure to stop by the Mars Cheese Castle.

dIw2KpK.jpg

That looks delicious, Andy... any issues getting the bacon cooked before the sausages were done? Any tricks or timing you might share? And I love the cheese curds version!

That looks delicious, Andy... any issues getting the bacon cooked before the sausages were done? Any tricks or timing you might share? And I love the cheese curds version!

Not really, had the Joe going around 325-350 the whole time. Just keep turning so they don't burn. The last grill pic was closer to the color they were. The plated shots look darker than they really were for some reason.

Wow. Great entry, Andy!

Love the technique with those dawgs and bacon on a stick!

Looks delicious from here.

I love the Mars Cheese Castle
Hadn't been there for quite a while. Went last fall and they've added a bar. At the bar is a giant crock of spreadable cheese & generic "Ritz" crackers. Eat as much as you want. AWESOME!

Nice looking cook Andy! I figured you'd opt for the Maxwell Street version on the smoker! :grin::clap:

In the Midwest US & Canadia you can get them sold in packages like this. Most restaurants will only have them breaded & deep fried.

My son was at Road America up in Wisconsin last weekend and stopped at the Brat Stop on the way back to pick some up along with some fresh brats. It's a restaurant and they have a deli/store attached. And if you're in the area, make sure to stop by the Mars Cheese Castle.

dIw2KpK.jpg

My wife has family in SW Wisconsin and I've tried curds all over the state. The best of the best are ones that you get that were made that day and not refrigerated. Her cousin hauled milk for a local creamery, so he always got fresh curds and whenever we visit or they come down we get awesome cheese curds. We do not refrigerate them for a day or two to ensure that they stay extra squeaky!!! They don't last very long usually...... :wacko: :twitch:

Our favorite brand:

http://www.carrvalleycheese.com/

Oohhhhhh SNAP!

That looks fantastic!

Andy, those are some great looking "saaa-sidge"!!! I'll have 2 please...

Seeing the cheese curds made me think about something. Has anyone ever tried cheddar curds in a ground stuffed sausage? There are several places around here that sell the fried curds and they are great, but I don't think I've seen them in a ground sausage recipe before. Just curious.

I love that cook, in both flavors. Showed it to the wife and she demanded I try it, so I will follow orders well. Living in south Flo. we dont get the curds, but my butcher has a sausage with a sharp cheader in the mix, so some of those and some regular.

Back