• I'll pass, not for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
What you think?

Need your opinion on whether we should move forward with this.
Would you use it?

First 5 to reply below will get a free sample (for your feedback of course!)

Last edited:
Good question. For myself, I very much prefer to adjust the flavors on my own. Heat and salt are typically things I want to adjust separately. There are a couple things that concern me personally. First, is this just heat or is there any flavor associated with the salt? I generally aim for the flavor. Heat is easy. The other thing is your picture. I see a lot of seeds. I grew up in Arizona and also lived in New Mexico. While the seeds impart heat, they are also bitter. I was always taught to remove the seeds especially when cooking -- just something you might want to consider. Some people are really repulsed by the bitterness imparted by the seeds (I personally tend to like a bit of bitterness). Anyway, my personal preference is that I am not interested. However, I am not mainstream, my opinion is that there would be demand for this. People want heat and they like salt. Yes, I think this is something you should pursue. I also would consider specialty marketing, for instance. Have you tried, for instance, making margaritas with this hot salt. I could definitely see that something like this would catch on. Market to upscale bars... just a thought.

I would give it a try but like Gore, I prefer to season separately.

I would ditch the seeds and use smoked ground peppers of choice.

I would give it a try but like Gore, I prefer to season separately.

I would ditch the seeds and use smoked ground peppers of choice.

Noted. Seeds will be ditched.

There is ground smoked Serrano as well as habanero in there.
The red pepper flakes (and seeds) add no value other than asthetic.
So their out.

See how easy that is?

Y'all are far smarter than me, you say lose the seeds.
I say what seeds?

Thanks for the replies!

Give me a week or so to reformulate and the folks that have posted above will all get a sample to try!
(Watch for PM)

I received the sample yesterday and since we were having steak I tried it on that. I tried some out in the palm of my hand and the hot salt has a very good flavor and it is pretty hot. I used it sparingly and the flavor came through more than the heat. Next time I will add a little more and I my add some regular salt. I like the flavor I'm not sure I could duplicate it so I would buy some.

I received the sample yesterday and since we were having steak I tried it on that. I tried some out in the palm of my hand and the hot salt has a very good flavor and it is pretty hot. I used it sparingly and the flavor came through more than the heat. Next time I will add a little more and I my add some regular salt. I like the flavor I'm not sure I could duplicate it so I would buy some.

Thanks!
I was hoping the flavor in the Hot Salt would stand on its own, even with the underlying heat.
I had to dial the heat back a little from the first batch I made, as it was all heat.

Thanks John, I received the sample. Unfortunately, I will be traveling the next week and have not had a chance to use it. My initial plan was to try a margarita in addition, but my wife made me an offer I couldn't refuse and am currently not drinking alcohol. It's on the counter where I won't forget it. Stay tuned.

Thanks John, I received the sample. Unfortunately, I will be traveling the next week and have not had a chance to use it. My initial plan was to try a margarita in addition, but my wife made me an offer I couldn't refuse and am currently not drinking alcohol. It's on the counter where I won't forget it. Stay tuned.

No worries! It is salt, it has a long shelf life. :mrgreen:

So genius me, thinking I had bought some, gave my sample to BBQ_PD. Then I got home and realized I didn't buy any because I had a sample. :doh: More than happy to give Dave the salt though - he worked hard on Sunday! Anyway, I wanna use this on the next batch of almonds so I'll be ordering soon! In fact, I think I'll be trying all the flavors on the almonds.

Back