THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "The Almighty Meatball" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"The Almighty Meatball"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 1/22.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1905102_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]scottjess[/size]
1906452_scottjess.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ4FUN[/size]
1906470_BBQ4FUN.jpg

[size=+2]SirPorkaLot[/size]
1906877_SirPorkaLot.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
1907697_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]Redhot[/size]
1907812_Redhot.jpg

[size=+2]Boshizzle[/size]
1907837_Boshizzle.jpg

[size=+2]Cack[/size]
1908246_Cack.jpg

[size=+2]Pappy[/size]
1909219_Pappy.jpg

[size=+2]DaveMW[/size]
1910221_DaveMW.jpg

[size=+2]Lazybones[/size]
1911644_Lazybones.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
1914480_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
1914517_silverfinger.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
1915235_N8man.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1915715_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
1915836_High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]colonel00[/size]
1915871_colonel00.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1915955_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1916114_Gore.jpg

I'm gonna have to stare at this one for a couple days to make a decision. What an awesome group of entries.

I feel like I should just throw a dart but that would fark up my monitor.

What a great bunch of entries. Every time I think I have picked the one I would most want to try I see another one.

Hmmm???

This one was crazy tough.

Besides the meat itself, we had the ooey-gooey cheese factor, creativity, sauces, technique and presentation.

So many entries had these factors, along with the "eat me" consideration.

After mercilessly whittling entries down using my factors, I still had a hard time between a couple entries. What decided it for me...I don't know...but one dish really called to me for some reason.

I had to go with N8man. I really want his balls in my mouth. :shocked:

Wait, that didn't come out right. :becky:

Seriously, his meatball sammich is the one entry I most wanted to eat out of this field of very fine entries. :thumb:

CD

I'm gonna have to stare at this one for a couple days to make a decision. What an awesome group of entries.

I feel like I should just throw a dart but that would fark up my monitor.

What a great bunch of entries. Every time I think I have picked the one I would most want to try I see another one.

Hmmm???

You know if you can't decide between all of the great bunch of entries, there is one alternative. :heh:

This has got to be the hardest throwdown I have ever picked from. I want to try so many of these dishes. After going over and over how everything was cooked and presented, I had to go with Redhot. It was the deep frying of the balls and the guacamolie that won me over. :laugh:

Wow this is a tough one. I'm going to need to talk myself through this one to find a winner. Warning: this may come off as harsh in some cases but please keep in mind that this is a very tight race and I am grasping at straws here on a few of these. I promise I will enter a throwdown soon so that everyone may rip me as well.

bigabyte: I prefer even numbers, 8 meatballs may have gotten you my vote.

scottjess: Too many hints, I wanted to find the meatballs on my own.

BBQ4FUN: MOINK violation (venison/beef enough said) good looking money shot though.

SirPorkaLot: Very nice entry. I would hit that all day. In the end though you failed to hold off the General's zombie troops. See Gore's entry.

caseydog: That is a good looking meatball but I just had spaghetti and meatballs last night for dinner an ate way too much. I still feel sick thinking about it. Let's pretend I was offended by the fork crutch.

Redhot: You had me all worked up until I saw the chopped olives. I just don't like olives. I will make this someday, as soon as I find a suitable replacement for the olives.

Boshizzle: See: caseydog. Spaghetti and meatball hangover. Love the cheese though.

Cack: Not nearly enough bacon in the meatballs, try not to eat so much next time. Fine looking sub though.

Pappy: The meatballs I ate too much of last night were turkey meatballs. See: caseydog and Boshizzle.

DaveMW: Dude I'm from the northeast and couldn't let this one slide it's HOAGIE roll. Note: would still hit that.

Lazybones: I would have stuck the potato under the broiler to melt the cheese. Nitpicking here.

oldyote: Creative use of meatball ingredients. Perhaps plated on a toasted slice of rye? still in the running.

silverfinger: Hmm, ground beef, bacon, Oakridge, 2 kinds of cheese. I do love sandwiches. In the running.

N8man: The meatballs looked awesome, maybe too awesome. I fear there was some enhancement added to the final TD shot. Maybe it was the zombies.

Bluetang: That's a fine looking sandwich right there. Just a little too spicy for me.

HighQ: My parents used to make me sit at the table until I ate all of my peas. It scarred me for life.

Colonel00: Ground chuck, pizza dough, tons of cheese, butter and herbs, cooked on Darth Stewie. In the running.

ecode: The meatball got lost in the pie for me, not enough focus on the meatball. That said, I clipped that post to evernote for further review in my own kitchen.

Gore: I'm scared of zombie's and I definitely would not want to eat one, no matter who's grandmother came up with the recipe.

Decisions, decisions.

Back