BBQ geared towards women

big range bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We do a market on Sunday that is about 75% men, Rub it, wrap it in bacon, and smoke it and we will sell the chit out of it to the guys. The women on the other hand is an entirely different story. For the markets we serve pulled pork, pulled chicken, Tri-tip, brisket, And nachos with any of the four on top and add our home made sauce, moinks, and various fatties. Sides are mac salad, slaw, potato salad and BBQ beans. We have picked up a market on Wednesday that is about 80% women and very busy. Aside from the pulled pork ,pulled chicken and sides women don't eat a lot of the so called heavier foods. Looking for some ideas for the women, would hate to give this market up.

maybe some veggie skewers or with chicken and veggies, same sides.

I am by no means an expert in female psychology. Or maybe I am. I am still blissfully single.
And I am just beginning my path down Smoker's Lane, but I would think some chicken kabobs or skewers would do nicely. Maybe smoked tilapia tacos with a chipotle sauce. When friends have me set up for their special events I also inevitably the ask for cedar plank salmon. I usually do a cedar wrap instead and it has always been a favorite among the lean protein eaters.

Last edited:
Teriyaki Chicken bowls, Chicken Pesto Sandwich are always big sellers with the ladies. Also, try doing Pulled Pork or Brisket sliders. Good margin, and at 2 to an order, they can be shared.

my biggest sellers to women are loaded nachos pork or chicken and loaded taters pork or chicken...oh a dont forget the diet soda:lol:

My Wife really likes doner kebab but I haven't figured out a make it yourself version. I like it too, fresh carved lamb or chicken served in a warm pita with a little tsaziki. I liked the versions I had by turkish dudes in Tokyo and Sydney. She has been trying to get me to make it but it requires equipment that I don't have the desire to spend big coin for plus you gotta assemble I'd say 20 to 25 pounds of lamb and stuff on the spit, thats a mess of food for just me her and the twins. For a vendor I'd look into it. If my wife likes it other gals would probably like it too plus it has an exotic flair to it.

I added a sandwich to our vending menu that is fairly popular as an alternative to the heavier red meats. It's a Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich. Grilled chicken breast is sliced and placed on a hoagie roll spread with pesto sauce and topped with sliced swiss cheese. We have also used smoked chicken. Yum!
pesto-chicken2.png

I like the sliders thingy for women:
IMG_0022.jpg

I also like the sandwich Marsha suggested! I also found that MOINKS find there way to a woman's plate.

Back