Sunday, 8/10/2014 Brethren Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

Poll closed, Date and Location Decided

• Total voters
OK... Let's get the road on the show :rolleyes:

Since there are more location options available on Sunday, and most folks can make it either day, let's go with Sunday.

For the location, I like the idea below from Neotrout. This location is mutually inconvenient for most of us, and somewhat closer to Diesel Dave if you can make it, Dave.

Either day is good for me. There are more woods with shelters available on Sunday. Red Gate, Columbia, Willow Springs and Crooked Creek, as of today, all have shelters for Sunday. They are located approx. where I-55 and I-294 and Rt 45 intersect.

I've set up an account and can book a shelter in this area if no one objects. Please let me know if this is a problem as soon as possible.

Sunday should be good I have no objection of you booking a shelter. what time are we talking about getting there to set up?

OK... I've booked the shelter in Red Gate woods from 7am - 8pm on Sunday, August 10, 2014.

Red Gate Woods

Located in Lemont, on the south side of Archer Avenue 1.5 miles east of Route 83, Red Gate Woods has one sheltered picnic grove. In addition to picnics, this preserve offers hiking, cycling and cross-country skiing. This preserve also supports an ecological management site and historic interpretation about its past role in nuclear research. Red Gate Woods has access to the 26-mile unpaved Palos Trail System. Alcohol is allowed in this preserve.

Lemont, IL, 60439
Phone: (800) 870-3666

Here is a link to Google Maps...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=red+...us&hq=red+gate+woods+forest+preserve&t=m&z=13

Now we need to coordinate what time we want to start and who is bringing what :-D

I'll update the first post in the thread and start a roll call. Can folks please confirm that you are coming and how many?

Last edited:
OK, roll call. Who's in???

I'm gonna be there with a Weber, charkle, eggs, cheese and some veggies for breakfast/brunch. Probably bring some beer or bloody mary's.

Who else's gonna cook??? :mrgreen:

I have never been to one of these bashes do we bring our own food or does everyonebring stuff to pass?

Back