Hey Farkers...It's Friday...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks...:thumb: Headin' over to the swamprb's on Saturday to work on our competition pork butt flavor profile...gonna play with some rubs, sauces, and smoke...:cool: Have a great weekend folks! :p

Ribs: Scene 1, Take 2. ACTION!

Might also throw some Chicken Thighs on, and I'd like to take a stab at some ABT's, too.

Oh not sure really. Butts are on sell here as well as spares. So might pick up some of them. Probably a steak in there with some shrimp skewers. Of course the fattie. Thinking about taking a stab at some ABT's since I haven't made those yet. Not sure what else...might end up cooking for Mom on Sunday as well. So we will see!

Pork Loin Roast Tonight, Pizza's Tommorow, Sunday....prob chicken.

Pizza on the EGG tomorrow, Going to see the son and wife on Sunday.....I guess it something like Mothers Day or something like that!

I've got a butt on right now
Butt_12hr_Mark.jpg

...and a brisket below it
Brisket_12hr_Mark.jpg

...and I'll be fixing up some beans around 1pm to put on.

Taking the weekend off. Going to a comp to see whats happening, and if I'm lucky, might get to judge it. At least I know I will have some really good Q regardless.

Doing some ribs (spares and babybacks) on our new trailer mount smoker Saturday. Gotta get ready for our first competition on the 15th!!! Will post PRON later!

just picked up 26 lb shoulder clod to cook on Saturday night so it will be ready for Mother's Day lunch, may put a turkey on as well.

Veggie and rib eye fajitas with refried beans, mexican rice and guacamole tonight. On Saturday, my wife will decide what she wants to eat for the evening for Mother's Day. On Mother's Day, we eat out all day with our moms, grandmas, great grandmas, aunts, sisters, etc.

Gonna try my 1st Tri-Tip on Sat eve. Having Sis & BIL over. Maybe a chuck roll for Daughter & Wife on Mom's Day. Can't wait to Tri that Tip.

Crawfish stuffed bacon explosion tomorrow and ribs and brisket for Mothers day.

ABT's and a few fatties tonight. not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring though :D

I'm in cooking school Saturday in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho with Anthony James of Raven Fyre BBQ and Tom Wallin of Dances with Smoke. Then our team is headed down to the city park, where we are going to set up and do our first-ever, full-team, overnight competition practice cook.

I have about 60-80 friends and family coming down on Mother's Day to taste test for us. I am stoked... I am going to be cooking from 6 a.m. saturday moring until 6 p.m. Sunday afternoon... (man, that's a lot of drinking)

I'll be sure to get some pictures to share

Gonna do a few racks of baby backs, a maple fattie, moink balls, and beans for mama's day. The weather is going to challenge my fire skills...it was 90° yesterday but I'll be wearing a coat Sunday...

Well, I think I may run out and get the groceries for some abt's tonight...that sounds tasty. I suppose I will throw some fatties on while I am at it. For mothers day, I am planning to make pasta with a smokey tomato cream sauce. I think I might grill up some skirt steak and shrimp as optional toppings to the pasta(one of the guest is vegetarian).

Back