Venison Tip Roast

bluetang

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My cuz, who I will owe to the day I die(according to him:loco:) does in fact hook us up with venison. We always get back strap, cubes steaks, stew meat and such, but never tip roast. He gave us three, his bud does all the fab work. Since I've never cooked one I asked. He said he usually just grinds them into burger. Hmmm. I just was not into any grindage so I took a different tack. Ya know, nothing ventured bla bla bla.
tip10.jpg

Quite "muscley", I was dubious as to the tenderness.
tip9.jpg

S&P only
tip8.jpg

I'm thinking bacon just might be OK.
tip7.jpg

On the Pro Q @ 350°F
tip6.jpg

Smellin good here
tip5.jpg

Pulled at 128°F and rested
tip1.jpg

tip2.jpg

SON of a ...., this was fantastico! Not tender like backstrap, but not chewy tuff arse like bottom round as I'd envisioned. The flavor, well:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:! We B happy. The other two will def not be ground. Thanks fer lookin ya'll!
tip4.jpg

I love when people discover the joys of properly cooked venison. Great way to honor the animal, the butcher, and your cuz's generosity.

Great looking cook! I am gonna kill a deer in the next few weekends now for sure! Nice thing about dad owning a bunch of land is you can kill one even out of season. :mrgreen:

My dad always grinds most of the meat, everything but the loins to be exact. Makes me sad, but I'ma butcher mine like that if I can pull it off! Great looking meat there for sure my friend, making me wish I had some for this weekend or hell even right now.

Great job!

I have 5 that visit my backyard regularly to eat my pansies. I think a couple of them are going to get cooked soon!

Blue that looks mighty fine!! Best lookin' venison roast that I've seen in a long time. :cool::thumb: :-D

Looks gorgeous, and I'm sure it tasted delicious!

Kinda makes me anxious for the fall, when I can get out into the woods and get some more venison myself - but there's still a LONG spring and summer full of grilling, smoking, fishing, baseball, camping, beach weekends, and other activites to enjoy first. :grin:

Never eaten Venison as a roast, I would sure try that

Back