Cyber Q meat probe erratic?

SmoothBoarBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been using the old CyberQ WiFi and the newer CyberQ Cloud for a while, and I've noticed that once the food probe gets to about 170° when I have it inserted in a piece of meat, it starts giving out some super erratic temperatures. For instance I'm doing some briskets right now and over the last 20 minutes or so the temp has swung from 190° to 214° and now is flopping quickly back and forth between 201° and 207°...it changes about every few seconds.

I though it was just a bad probe so I opened up a new probe and have been having the same issues. I also thought it was the CyberQ WiFi unit being old, so that's why I bought the new CyberQ Cloud and even with a new unit and new probe I'm having the same issues.

It's strange as everything works perfectly until I hit about 170° internal temperature, and then it starts going haywire for some reason. I'm just curious if anybody has had similar issues? I get the erratic readings on both the main CyberQ Cloud unit and the ShareMyCook web-app. I've ensured that the probe is plugged firmly into the main unit, and outside of that I have no idea what's going on.

Back