Pot Pies Never Posted

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
You know,
I did these for the pot pie throw down several weeks ago but never posted as so many were sooooooo much better than mine. However, it WAS a cook so I decided to post it anyway since I haven't posted any pron for awhile. They were a shepherds pie variation and several spices which I have forgot were involved too but DANG they tasted good. Sorry for the delayed post y'all. Oh, it was a smoked chuck roast trimmed and chopped after the smoke prior to pie making.

Attachments

• pot pies 1.jpg
    pot pies 1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 226
  • pot pie 2.jpg
    pot pie 2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 543
  • pot pie 3.jpg
    pot pie 3.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 867
Looks great from here. I bet you would have gotten votes with those!

Nice work Guerry, good pie.

You should have turned those in. they look good to me.:cool: Of course, I've never won a Throwdown either, but still, i'd hit that!:cool:

you shoulda entered. heck, i entered granola in a meatfest contest and got a couple votes. :biggrin:

I entered meat and got nada. There is no shame. I am working out what to do for Asian to get nada again.

Ha! OK. I'll enter future throwdowns even if I know I don't have a chance.:biggrin:

I'm sure you would've done better than I did in that one!

Landarc and I have one thing in common. We both listened to Bigabyte's throwdown advice and got zero votes as a result! Maybe we should start a club. In all honesty, I thought that fattie was one of the best I ever saw and I thought that pic was a winner too. The dishes I think are runaway winners never are though. The lesson I've learned is enter everything as my judgment in these throwdowns is worthless!

For the record, I voted for someone else. Just like the chili throwdown where BrisketBob had that great shot.

I'm sure you would've done better than I did in that one!

Landarc and I have one thing in common. We both listened to Bigabyte's throwdown advice and got zero votes as a result! Maybe we should start a club. In all honesty, I thought that fattie was one of the best I ever saw and I thought that pic was a winner too. The dishes I think are runaway winners never are though. The lesson I've learned is enter everything as my judgment in these throwdowns is worthless!
If you go back and look at my entries where I listened to my own ideas and made something, I tended to get similar results.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If you go back and look at my entries where I listened to my own ideas and made something, I tended to get similar results.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I also find it best not to listen to my own ideas. I was thinking along the same lines with Rick for the breakfast throwdown. I normally have oatmeal and was going to submit a nice healthy oatmeal fattie. I think that would've gone over as well as the eggplant potpie.

I noticed that you're now the Mad BBQ Scientist formerly known as the Artist formerly known as the Mad BBQ Scientist -- guess that sabbatical didn't work out too well for you. Are you going to start competing again? Will you be looking for a laboratory assistant?

I noticed that you're now the Mad BBQ Scientist formerly known as the Artist formerly known as the Mad BBQ Scientist -- guess that sabbatical didn't work out too well for you. Are you going to start competing again? Will you be looking for a laboratory assistant?
It's funny you ask that, my wife is always telling me I need help.

I plan on dusting off the lab equipment for an experiment or two. As for competing, I would like nothing more than to have the time and money to do a whole lot of that, but will probably target just one to see how that works out. In the past it seemed like I was trying to force comps in and life simply wasn't allowing it to happen, so last year I backed off it entirely, cancelling the GAB and not making any further plans. This actually did make life a lot easier. I have no concrete plans at this time for a specific comp in 2010 or anything, so it could just be wishful thinking. I wouldn't hold my breath with how hectic life has been though, it has shown little signs of getting more "comp friendly" than 2009 was, that's for sure.

Hi Guerry,

You got my vote! Those pies look super. I was wondering when you were gonna post some PRON... it's the first I've seen from you since I joined! I was beginning to wonder if you were just a Wood Pile Pervert, but woo hooo, you can cook!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Fark!:shock: I just realized it was the 2008 GAB I cancelled and started putting the brakes on!:shock: So I took the whole year last year off and it zipped right by like it never even happened!:shock: What the fark???

Back