First Outlaw boneless skinless chicken thighs

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got a bunch of these recently for $2.99lb at Costco. Hopefully I'll hit on a pellet smoker method my wife and I both love before I run through the whole package. First cook I think I'll just rub them, cook them straight through at 350°F until they hit about 165°F internal, hit them with a little BBQ sauce just before the end, and put them on the table. Here goes . . .

Bill, if you haven’t tried this seasoning yet I recommend Cavender’s all purpose Greek seasoning. Nothing else needed. We really enjoy how they turn out.

Bill, if you haven’t tried this seasoning yet I recommend Cavender’s all purpose Greek seasoning. Nothing else needed. We really enjoy how they turn out.

Cavender's! Good stuff! I have some in the pantry and use it all the time! Too late for this cook though. Went with Bourbon Molasses from Gourmet Grills.

Good looking chicks!!

Here´s our fav method:

trim off excess fat
rub thighs with your fav rub (Plowboys Yardbird, Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime, Kosmos Dirty Bird (Hot) etc)
smoke for about 1,5 hour, until rub has set
put thighs in a foil pan and add some chicken stock, cover pan with foil
cook for another 45-60mins
remove most of the liquid from the pan, pull the chicken and add some liquid back
eat on tacos with your fav toppings and sauces

If there´s liquid left, freeze it and use it next time instead of the chicken stock.

Looks fantastic, love me some chicken thighs!

Back